The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArcaneAnna
I've used a tea pot for wine before.

Try Pimms and lemonade in a teapot. It's brilliant!

Though don't get really drunk and forget to clean it for 3 weeks and find furry fruit in there.
Original post by Renacata
And you're in Durham?

:eek4:

What does that have to do with anything?
Reply 1462
Original post by velociraptor

I think the point was, if you're going to go without heating for the winter, you want to do it somewhere relatively warm...
Reply 1463

I think the point is that it can be pretty cold there :p:

edit: oops already said :getmecoat:
Original post by Aesc
I think the point was, if you're going to go without heating for the winter, you want to do it somewhere relatively warm...

I wish I was :wink:
Gladly, it was a mild winter
When you make cheese on toast with those plasticy burger cheese slices.
FYI, it really doesn't taste good :frown:
Reply 1466
When enough ketchup (which you don't really like anyway) will make the taste of the disgusting meal you've attempted to cook go away
Reply 1467
When you stay up all night to work on your dissertation:frown:
Reply 1468
When you leave food that starts to go mouldy, and instead of throwing it away you leave it to 'experiment' what affects the increasing mould build up has on its smell and appearance for as long as possible (maybe this just applies to science students though).

We found that this is what happens to Philadelphia cheese if you leave it for a month:

Spoiler

Original post by No Man
When you leave food that starts to go mouldy, and instead of throwing it away you leave it to 'experiment' what affects the increasing mould build up has on its smell and appearance for as long as possible (maybe this just applies to science students though).

We found that this is what happens to Philadelphia cheese if you leave it for a month:

Spoiler

I use that as an excuse.

"NO DAD! I'M DOING MICROBIOLOGY! LEAVE IT BE! I need to determine the fungal genus..."

:biggrin:
Original post by No Man

Spoiler

Looks proper cool! Grated carrots have a particularly fluffy soft mould, it's definitely my favourite :wink:
Reply 1471
Looks proper cool! Grated carrots have a particularly fluffy soft mould, it's definitely my favourite :wink:

Mouldy apples get fluffy mold as well.

Original post by Aesc

This!! I'm in Durham too and I've been freezing, even though we've been using the heating... you must be incredibly tough! :/
When you marvel at your super-human ability to memorise a year's worth of material in 3 days.
When all the guys with macbook pros struggle to afford food :/
- When 3pm naps become acceptable

- When the library lets you order Dominos pizza to there

- You have eaten only pasta for a week in an attempt to save money

- You have a negative bank balance

- when even poundland is too expensive

- when any alcohol is good alcohol
(edited 12 years ago)
When you can't afford Red bull so you buy 35p energy drinks...oh wait i never bought Red bull in the first place.:sigh:
When you are incredibly stingy with your money in tesco, buying tesco value food and giving up on such luxuries as cheese, fish and ready meals in a desparate attempt to save money so you can afford to buy that crate of beer, that bottle of vodka or that box of cigarettes for a night out...

...But then you drink too much of said beer/vodka and find yourself drunkenly handing out cans/shots/cigarettes to EVERYONE who walks into your kitchen. Including those people whose names you don't know and that person you don't even like.

I lost a 70cl of peach schapps this way. And a 70cl of sambucca. And almost a whole 20-pack of marlboro :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by No Man
Mouldy apples get fluffy mold as well.

Also Grapes. Like thin whispy cotton wool type mold.
Reply 1479
Original post by theronkinator
Also Grapes. Like thin whispy cotton wool type mold.

The Year 13s of my school last year were notorious for hiding all sorts of food above the removable ceiling tiles in the 6th Form Common room and leaving them to see what happened. It was something fondly named "Project Mould", but then the site staff found out and got rid of everything but ended up leaving one fluffy grape behind, which is now cherished. We've yet to name it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending