The Student Room Group

Lost 93lbs (Before + after pics!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Thanks for standing up for me hun :-).

But I find it funny because every time he posts hate, it just makes the thread come up to the top of the board again, making more people see it and post nice things.. so his posts are totally backfiring on him!!

No problem we both have similar problems in the past and trying to change our lives so when he says that to you he not only says it to you but to me also and all the other people on this forum who post here.

Like I said

Original post by Jimbo1234

If the person is in such denial that looking in the mirror won't make them change their mind, then some little thread won't do anything. Trust me, I have tried and know many people like this. The only person who can make someone lose weight is themselves.
Why congratulate her when she made this problem? If I go out, cripple myself by doing something stupid and on purpose, should I be congratulated for learning to walk again? No. I should simply not have done that in the first place. Also, it is not hard work when it comes to food. The majority of the world seems to have no problem with food so why do a select few? This is why I think the praise on this thread is in bad taste. They are congratulating someone for doing what the majority of people find easy. I am someone who praises the person who comes first in a race, not the kid who comes last.
As I have said previously, no one healthy has an extreme problem. The more issues someone has, the larger the problem that manifest as a result.

I do agree that the only person who can decide to make a change is them and neither do I believe that this is the purpose of the thread and many other threads on here. The actual purpose is to get information and advice from other people who have done it before (as there are many misleading info out there) and also to let people know that it is not impossible to lose this weight. By her posting her picture up she is just proving that it is possible to lose the weight

Secondly accepting that you are fat and need to lose the weight and actually losing the weight are two different things all together.

Plus there are now more obese people in the world that starving which highlights the fact that it is a more common problem than we think .

Most importantly I fail to understand why is it that other people congratulating her is a problem to you that you need to highlight it. If you don't believe that congratulating her is right fair enough but why is others choosing to condratulate her a problem to you.
Reply 181
Okay this is more for my own records than anything else so I have things to link to in my blog, but thought I might as well share with you guys!

I know there are a lot of people out there wanting to know how to lose weight, or knowing they should but lacking the motivation.

Let me tell you a little bit about me, just quickly. I've always been big. The photo that is my "before" photo isn't me at my biggest. There's probably a difference of around 4 stone between the two photos. The bigger ones are just too upsetting for me to look at, never mind post for the world to see.

Just wanted to post these to show you that it can be done. I still have a while to before my goal weight, but if anyone wants to see pics at that point (assuming I get there) I shall post those as well when the time comes. Either in this thread or I'll make another as it'll be long dead by then.

Here is the photo. Do excuse the "after" photo face.. that's my "I can't concentrate on holding the camera still and smile at the same time" face :P.

You can tell the most difference on my waist. You can tell the difference in my face, too, but not on that particular photo. There are plenty more on my blog (link in sig) if you're interested.

Also incase you're interested, the "before" photo are size 20 jeans and size 18 top. The "after" photo is a size 12 dress (although it is a big size 12, I'm under no illusions that I'm *actually* at an average size 12 just yet) from George at Asda.

Spoiler

As for HOW I lost the weight, there really is no secret. I stopped eating rubbish and started exercising. But I am incredibly proud of myself, as I've struggled with my weight since I was young, and I'm so proud that I've managed to do something positive about it this time.

I know I'll probably get some idiots posting comments like "but you're still ugly" (yes, I've had PMs saying that lol some people are lovely!!) but if this thread can motivate even one person, or give them a little push towards making them a healthier person, then it was worth posting.

Congrats, you look great, most men prefer curvy girls as you currently look, myself included, you look hot
Original post by Chrisateen
I do agree that the only person who can decide to make a change is them and neither do I believe that this is the purpose of the thread and many other threads on here. The actual purpose is to get information and advice from other people who have done it before (as there are many misleading info out there) and also to let people know that it is not impossible to lose this weight. By her posting her picture up she is just proving that it is possible to lose the weight

Secondly accepting that you are fat and need to lose the weight and actually losing the weight are two different things all together.

Plus there are now more obese people in the world that starving which highlights the fact that it is a more common problem than we think .

Most importantly I fail to understand why is it that other people congratulating her is a problem to you that you need to highlight it. If you don't believe that congratulating her is right fair enough but why is others choosing to condratulate her a problem to you.

Information and advice? Everyone knows the answer to weight loss as it could not be more simple! Eat less, eat better, do some exercise. If you can't work that out on your own then you shouldn't be alive.
Who would be happy to admit that they are fat, thus unattractive and unhealthy? That is why fat people take offensive when someone tells them the truth and says that they are overweight.
The number of obese people compared to starving is a irrelevant comparison. Starving has come down due to charity and improved global agriculture.

As I have said, my problem with people congratulating her is that no one should be congratulated for achieving something so simple and basic which many people achieve without any effort. Shall we go around and congratulate everyone who is not fat? Of course not because it is easy. So why should we congratulate someone who has failed this and now achieving something simple? Oh right, support the underdog so everyone else who is failing at life feels better.

Who would be happy to admit that they are fat, thus unattractive and unhealthy? That is why fat people take offensive when someone tells them the truth and says that they are overweight.

im fat, im not unhealthy at the moment and i dont think im unattractive
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell

Well sorry to burst your bubble, but being fat means you are not attractive (yes, this has been proven so go hit google scholar to find out more), you are unhealthy as being fat makes you unhealthy due to the vast number of side affects (ranging from hormone imbalance all the way to diabetes and death), and it most likely means you are unfit.

Anyway, this is way off topic so PM if you want to discuss further.
Reply 185
Well done, you should be proud, you look great :smile:
Reply 186
You look and are amazing :h:
Well sorry to burst your bubble, but being fat means you are not attractive (yes, this has been proven so go hit google scholar to find out more), you are unhealthy as being fat makes you unhealthy due to the vast number of side affects (ranging from hormone imbalance all the way to diabetes and death), and it most likely means you are unfit.

Well you've cheered me right up, thanks!

..Back on topic, today's weigh in shows that I've lost another 3lbs this week, so 75lbs lost so far :-).
Well done :biggrin:
Information and advice? Everyone knows the answer to weight loss as it could not be more simple! Eat less, eat better, do some exercise. If you can't work that out on your own then you shouldn't be alive.
The number of obese people compared to starving is a irrelevant comparison. Starving has come down due to charity and improved global agriculture.

As I have said, my problem with people congratulating her is that no one should be congratulated for achieving something so simple and basic which many people achieve without any effort. Shall we go around and congratulate everyone who is not fat? Of course not because it is easy. So why should we congratulate someone who has failed this and now achieving something simple? Oh right, support the underdog so everyone else who is failing at life feels better.

Like I said knowing something and doing something about it is two separate things all together. For example one may know (even though they don't like people telling them that they are fat) that they are fat but choose not to do anything about it.

But look at some of the threads here many people come here thinking that they need to do something else or take a specific pill or people debate on whether eating less carbs is the way to lose weight or want to find out about weight lifting or what forms of exercise is most effective or get information from others about good protein shakes available. Also like I said before some people may feel that eating less and exercising more is not effective but looking at progress pics prove that it does work. Plus what happens if you plateau (eat less and exercise more but the body refuses to lose the weight) what do you do then or what if you are unsure about the right balance between eating less or exercise more how much less should we eat or how much exercise should one do? These are some of the questions that people ask from others on here who have done the same thing

No you don't go and congratulate others for just being slim as it takes them no effort to be that way. Whereas when losing weight it is an achievement otherwise if it is as simple as you make it out to be then no one would lose the weight. People congratulate others for overcoming alcohol or drug addiction

Plus your opinion on whether or not other people should congratulate others is irrelevant here. Though we vary on opinion I am not forcing you to congratulate her and if you feel like you shouldn't for the reasons mentioned before then fair enough (despite me disagreeing). HOWEVER WHY IS IT A PROBLEM THAT OTHERS CHOOSE TO CONGRATULATE HER. Why do you feel that you should post on here and tell everybody else that they shouldn't. Its like me forcing you to congratulate her when you don't want to. Shouldn't everybody here be able to choose regardless of our opinion whether or not to congratulate her and if you don't want to then refrain from posting.
(edited 12 years ago)

Can I also ask as well (just slightly off topic but just interested in why this topic gets to you soo much)? Have you ever had a weight issue or does anyone your close to have a weight issue?
Reply 191
You've done fantastic honey, wish I was as motivated as you!
so proud of you!

Oh and I'll come to Zumba with you if you want, or the gym or something need some motivation!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 192
Top job
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell

Oh I believe you are :h:
Just had a look at your blog. So inspirational, well done :smile: Lovely pic of you and your bf btw :h:
I'm only trying to budge 7kg, but anyway, motivated me to get out and run now :tongue:
Original post by JessyAnn
You've done fantastic honey, wish I was as motivated as you!
so proud of you!

Oh and I'll come to Zumba with you if you want, or the gym or something need some motivation!

Thanks beautiful :-). I'd be hilarious at Zumba! Do the 5k with me that'd be funny. I shall create us a training schedule we can go jogging between lectures :biggrin:. Ha kidding. Love you : D xx
Woah, well done! You should be so proud of yourself :smile:
I'm on a weight loss journey and this has inspired me to carry on.
Original post by icapturethecastle
Just had a look at your blog. So inspirational, well done :smile: Lovely pic of you and your bf btw :h:
I'm only trying to budge 7kg, but anyway, motivated me to get out and run now :tongue:

I keep forgetting about my blog lol I'll have to post soon! Thank you :-). He loves it now I've lost weight, but it's making him a tad insecure bless him.

Original post by Jennie027
Woah, well done! You should be so proud of yourself :smile:
I'm on a weight loss journey and this has inspired me to carry on.

Thank you, I am! Come and join us at the "Healthy New You: Your Change for Life" thread and there's loads of people who are motivating each other on there! :biggrin:.
Reply 198
Do non of you actually not enjoy exercise and is a massive struggle?

Take me for example I hate cardio because it is boring. So instead I do sprints and lifting weights.

Maybe if the females realised that cardio isn't the only way they would find a form of exercise they enjoy and it wouldn't feel like such a chore.

It does kind of help that I've got elite genetics.
Reply 199
EDIT: 20/11/2011 3lbs lost, 75lbs down in total.

I'm going to say this sugar tits, I usually troll these forums and act like a prick but congratulations on your new look, move forward or stay still. Never move backwards!

Quick Reply

Latest