The Student Room Group

Why Can't I Hit Someone Who Is Excessively Abusive To Me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know someone that headbutted a kid in secondry school because he was constantly dis-respectful and mocking, the headmaster and other teachers agreed that while violence is not the answer the guy was asking for it and they both recieved a suspension of one day.
We're all human and none of us deserves to be mentally or physically abused/hurt and both should be trated with the same severity
Reply 21
If they hit you then i'd say you go ahead and hit them back. I know verbal abuse is hard but physical violence isn't the way to go about it, you'd just be stooping to their level.
Sometimes just beating the crap out of someone is the only solution. or just smash up their house or car...
Reply 23
yeah or listen to every pacifist and "don't stoop to their level" and just try confronting it with the support of a teacher / counsellor type person, all the while the jackass goes through life thinking he is untouchable and the crap he says doesn't have consequences while you turn into a dribbling, emotional mess because you didn't fist him in the face when he really needed it.

I'm just using "him" generically because i don't know details but anyone that thinks they can do or say w/e they want and be safe as houses wants a slap.
Reply 24
Original post by Steevee
Because we live in a society that has tried to stop physical violence. If you are allowed to get violent just because you are offended then you will undo thousands of years of society. We have these rules to stop the physically strong exploiting the physically weak. If we allow physical confrontation to solve things then we will be no better than animals. As humans we value the mind over brawn, and thus we have a society where using your brawn to overcome other people is not allowed.

As annoying as that may be, just remember that there is always someone bigger and stronger than you, and how would you feel knowing that they could pummel you just because you offended them in some way?

Ok using that logic, lets change the game. Say that someone is psychologically or intellectually stronger gets violent with their abusive words, what should we do then?

So by paraphrasing that;

As annoying as that may be, just remember that there is always someone bigger and stronger than you in terms of intelligence, and how would you feel knowing that they could pummel your intelligence and your mind just because you offended them in some way?

Get what I'm saying?
Reply 25
Original post by kka25
Ok using that logic, lets change the game. Say that someone is psychologically or intellectually stronger gets violent with their abusive words, what should we do then?

So by paraphrasing that;

As annoying as that may be, just remember that there is always someone bigger and stronger than you in terms of intelligence, and how would you feel knowing that they could pummel your intelligence and your mind just because you offended them in some way?

Get what I'm saying?

Yes. But through such ways with words, you cannot force someone to do something, ot harm them in such a way. You can walk away from a conflict of words far more easily than a physical conflict. I understand your logical extension, but it comes down to the principles of harm and coercion.
Reply 26
Original post by Steevee
Yes. But through such ways with words, you cannot force someone to do something, ot harm them in such a way. You can walk away from a conflict of words far more easily than a physical conflict. I understand your logical extension, but it comes down to the principles of harm and coercion.

I really have to disagree to be honest. Oppression can be in any form, be it by physical or psychological.

And in today's world, it's the later that is prevailing.
(edited 12 years ago)
shytt maan you need help. but definately beat the crap out of the person. Don't let others run you over. You are perfectly a strong person who has gone through a lot but show them that you can't be pushed around and you are your own boss. Remember you're better than everyone else.

And I hope your okay x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending