The Student Room Group

Film Reviews Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
I watched Mission Impossible(original) to refresh my memory. T'wasn't bad.
Saw...

MI 3 - 8/10

Prime - 6/10

Silent hill (damn scary) - 9/10

Tristan n Isolde - 7/10

Three - UTTER ****E ,

What's everyone else seen this week? and most looking foward to seeing?

BRICK! - going tmz night and i cannot wait!
Saw...

MI 3 - 8/10

Prime - 6/10

Tristan n Isolde - 7/10

Three - UTTER ****E ,

Reply 303
exams shall b over soon!
still hvnt seen xmen 3!
cant wait for davinci code~:dancing2:
The last film I saw was Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit which was bloody excellent.

Nick Park wins at life.
Went to watch Confetti. Quite funny, cept one of the people in it UBER annoys me and I didn't realise she was gonna be in it.
Vinny Jones is gonna be in X-men -lol, i cant wait
harrison247
Vinny Jones is gonna be in X-men -lol, i cant wait

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cries:
Reply 308
Amzybaby24
Saw...

MI 3 - 8/10

Prime - 6/10

Tristan n Isolde - 7/10

Three - UTTER ****E ,

Saw is great:wink:
Reply 309
brick is wicked
aisha64
brick is wicked

totally agree, despite i tbeing a drug story about teens (which has been done to death) it's also brilliantly original and quirky, from the use of femme fatels to the cliques that americans high school's fall into!
Reply 311
Brick sounds amazing. Really want to see it.

I saw DaVinci code yesterday. Real dissapointment. I think the about.com view summed it up pretty well. 3/5 stars (what I'd give it as well)

I think it'll definitely be worth trying to catch MI:3 on the big screen, though. From what I've heard its really good.
Reply 312
:s: not seen any new films in ages
me neither :frown: bloody exams :mad:
Reply 314
Hi everyone, i am planning on adding a new feature to this thread. If you do write a review for a movie then if you send me a pm linking me to the post, then i will put a link to that post on the first page of this thread, so eventually we should have loads of links of fantabulous reviews :biggrin:
I think Da Vinci would struggle to get 3 from me.
xmen 3 is a 7.5-8.i saw it yesterrday :biggrin:
LPK
Hi everyone, i am planning on adding a new feature to this thread. If you do write a review for a movie then if you send me a pm linking me to the post, then i will put a link to that post on the first page of this thread, so eventually we should have loads of links of fantabulous reviews :biggrin:

sounds good :biggrin:
Hi ive been looking over the thread. I would like to join the films critic society. Do i have to offically join it? Or do i just post film reviews?
aisha64
brick is wicked

Amzybaby24
totally agree, despite i tbeing a drug story about teens (which has been done to death) it's also brilliantly original and quirky, from the use of femme fatels to the cliques that americans high school's fall into!

Sir Esh
Brick sounds amazing. Really want to see it.
My views...

Brick (Rian Johnson, 2005)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393109/

Hmm not as good as I thought it would be. From what I had read it sounded really fresh and innovative - but ultimately it was a little dull at times, and pretty badly written (some if the dialogue is very cringeworthy - eg "you're the one thing I love!") It wasn't all bad though, it has some interesting characters, nice little nods to Ophelia and film noir, a great central performance and nice some directorial flourishes (if a little too "first time director syndrome" for my tastes - KEEP THE CAMERA STILL FOR A WHILE ALREADY!). It was just too self-conscious and a little contrived for my tastes. A lot of the characters were very one-dimensional as well, which I think is down to the dialogue which only really served to push along the plot, never pausing to flesh out the characters. Which in a way is fair enough - it was a plot driven film, but I just feel the characters suffered as a result. Overall it is definitely worth a watch thouigh - it's different enough to warrant your few quid ticket price.

Others that saw it: what the hell was that Tolkien reference about? It was just totally pointless. Awful. And why did the Pin (what an awful character, his dialogue, the character, and the performance) have one leg shorter than the other? They kept showing that...but it served no role either for the plot or for the character. It just seems like some attempt at being quirky. Those little things really grated for me.

The femme fatale girl was stunning...shall have to see what else she's been in. Hmmm.

If you like Donnie Darko (I don't btw) then you will love it, they are in a similar vein.

Quick Reply

Latest