The Student Room Group

What are the Best Sixth forms/colleges in Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

How good is Bishop Vesey Grammar school is it better than Five ways?
Their 2012 results are similar, they are both mixed sixth forms and have good environments.
Reply 61
I'm similar but the other way around, I looked round camp hill but I don't think I'd like it there, and I applied to five ways but I think it's too far - probably an hour. So I think I'm going to solihull but I'm not sure!

does anyone go to solihull school? What would you say is the worst and best things about it?
Reply 62
If you decide to go to solihull school we'll be joiningat the same time!
Reply 63
Original post by the3kreed
Btw just for interest best comprehensive and grammar schools in the country by virtue of number of students going to Oxford or Cambridge:
Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet - 22%
Colchester Royal Grammar - 19%
Reading School for boys - 17%
Colyton Grammar School - 15%
Tiffins Girls’ School, London - 15%

King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys had 15.8% of their students going to Oxbridge, just for reference

Must be left off the list by the Sutton Trust and the Financial Times accidently see here: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/01623928-a8ce-11e0-b877-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2OxrdPMOL
Reply 64
Original post by Marie~
I'm similar but the other way around, I looked round camp hill but I don't think I'd like it there, and I applied to five ways but I think it's too far - probably an hour. So I think I'm going to solihull but I'm not sure!

does anyone go to solihull school? What would you say is the worst and best things about it?

Am an alumni of that school. Best thing are the facilites are good alot of new building built in the last decade. Have you thought of KEHS for girls in edgbaston if your thinking of private schools around Birmingham/West Midlands?
Reply 65
What's it like to live in the area of Sutton Coldfield and how's the college? What's the ethnic diversity like? Anyone??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
sutton coldfield is the home of white people
Reply 67
Original post by Marrz_
What's it like to live in the area of Sutton Coldfield and how's the college? What's the ethnic diversity like? Anyone??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The college is quite ethnicly diverse from what I have heard.
This looks good don't you think?

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/community/university-school/sixth-form.aspx

The lessons are all taught by profesors from the uni. opens next year I think.
Reply 69
Original post by Mr plumby
This looks good don't you think?

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/community/university-school/sixth-form.aspx

The lessons are all taught by profesors from the uni. opens next year I think.

Definitely looks good! It appears that the opening has been put forward a year to September 2015. It's a shame however that it's come too late for me haha I'll be in Year 13 in September, perhaps something to consider for my siblings though!
Original post by Hero-H
Definitely looks good! It appears that the opening has been put forward a year to September 2015. It's a shame however that it's come too late for me haha I'll be in Year 13 in September, perhaps something to consider for my siblings though!

Lucky for me though as im in year 9 :smile:
I wonder what the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 71
Original post by Mr plumby
Lucky for me though as im in year 9 :smile:
I wonder what the grade boundaries will be?

Lucky you! Well they said something about them wanting somewhat high GCSE grades for entry. I think a combination of A*s, As and Bs would be what they want!
Reply 72
I need a urgent reply please!!

I talked to my teachers about the choices I had for sixth form/colleges
sixth form: Handsworth Grammar
College: JCC

The teachers all want me to go Handsworth but the students I have talked to and even some who have gone to better colleges all say to choose JCC??

I am really confused. Someone help :frown:
Original post by KimYoona

The teachers all want me to go Handsworth but the students I have talked to and even some who have gone to better colleges all say to choose JCC??

you'd be better off at JCC, Handsworths standards have dramatically fallen in the last few years.

nice to see another sone on here xD
Original post by KimYoona

My sister goes JCC, its apparently really good. Its not like a normal college like MBC its more school-ified, if ygm
Original post by iiMarshmallow
My sister goes JCC, its apparently really good. Its not like a normal college like MBC its more school-ified, if ygm

Very few white people there. Mostly time-wasters who are too slow. I am wanting to move to KEAston, after I do my AS.
Reply 76
I've currently applied for both JCC & Solihull Sixth Form, with my interview for SSF on the 14th of this month.

Where do you guys recommend I'd rather go?
Or are Halesowen or Cadbury better options?
Reply 77
Original post by tanzeelh
I've currently applied for both JCC & Solihull Sixth Form, with my interview for SSF on the 14th of this month.

Where do you guys recommend I'd rather go?
Or are Halesowen or Cadbury better options?

Mines on the 14th too I'm kinda nervous :s-smilie:
Original post by finnthehuman
Very few white people there. Mostly time-wasters who are too slow. I am wanting to move to KEAston, after I do my AS.

That's true. But there are some really good teachers there. Obviously it can't really be compared to KEAston. They have really high expectations. The ofsted report for JCC is quite good. Its only taking the bus there, that puts me off from applying there. I hate buses :s-smilie:
Original post by iiMarshmallow
That's true. But there are some really good teachers there. Obviously it can't really be compared to KEAston. They have really high expectations. The ofsted report for JCC is quite good. Its only taking the bus there, that puts me off from applying there. I hate buses :s-smilie:

It's not that bad, but if you are an able student, people will slow you down. I should have went to a grammar, but oh well. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending