The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Ask a SOAS student anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I would love some advice on accommodation (I have just posted a thread with some questions but if you had anything to say that came to mind, that'd be cool to know) particularly, where should i be looking? I have so many names of halls in my head but i'd just like to know some realistically priced ones which a normal student grant will cover and not too far, or bad facilities etc.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by Tehrane
I would love some advice on accommodation (I have just posted a thread with some questions but if you had anything to say that came to mind, that'd be cool to know) particularly, where should i be looking? I have so many names of halls in my head but i'd just like to know some realistically priced ones which a normal student grant will cover and not too far, or bad facilities etc.

Dinwiddy looks really horrible so i'm looking at Nido living which is quite cheap!
hello, how flexible are soas when it comes to results day and getting grades lower than the conditional(getting aab rather than aaa). i've received a conditional offer from them for aaa in economics but also an offer from queen marys for aab. im split between the 2, my predicted grades are aab i reckon i could get aaa however should i just play it safe and firm the queen marys offer?

do you guys know anyone who has gotten in without receiving the full conditional grades.

Thanks again
Original post by ussumane
What's good people. So hmm yh, I'm feeling nice at the moment so I decided to come back to TSR and help answer questions of those who are interesting in applying to SOAS, or just anything SOAS related brah. Feel privileged. I didn't had such opportunity back in my time(a year ago lololololol).

Bring it on fam

hey i heard your university is only one building? how come there in top 10 ranking....it just doesn't make any sense. I thought of going to your uni but the name kinda put me off little bit.
Reply 104
Original post by RichardJapanese
Dinwiddy looks really horrible so i'm looking at Nido living which is quite cheap!

It's not even very nice. I'm living there for the moment, and the place is ultra cold. Applying to Dinwiddy for next year again. ><
Anyone who's firmed SOAS for Law?
Reply 106
Original post by RichardJapanese

What is nido living? I'm looking at housing options too and would like to avoid Paul Robeson house.
Reply 107
Original post by NotYourMom
hey i heard your university is only one building? how come there in top 10 ranking....it just doesn't make any sense. I thought of going to your uni but the name kinda put me off little bit.

It has 3 buildings around Russell Square plus a huge building @Kings Cross. Fair enough.

Original post by Stilo
What is nido living? I'm looking at housing options too and would like to avoid Paul Robeson house.

Apply there only if you ballin'
What's good nyukka? What's really good?
Reply 109
Original post by Iqbal007
Thats terrible :tongue:
btw u no a Zain by any chance?

I've heard of a Zain Dada or something like that, but I am not familiar with anyone of that name.
Reply 110
Original post by + polarity -
What's good nyukka? What's really good?

All good G! Just came here because I'm a Procrastination Don, got two essays, 2 presentations, and a bunch of late homework to do :/ Hows e-life?
I've heard of a Zain Dada or something like that, but I am not familiar with anyone of that name.

Yes, thats him..............slap him on the head if tries to chat up girls and say its from Iqbal :smile:
All good G! Just came here because I'm a Procrastination Don, got two essays, 2 presentations, and a bunch of late homework to do :/ Hows e-life?

I've been procrastinating hard this year today too, e-life is good.
I have unconditionals from both Sussex and SOAS for history, and I am having a hard time deciding due to course contents. I can't decide between European based and Asian based as both are of massive interest to me and I'm wondering if doing an undergraduate at SOAS would affect my post graduate or career amibitions such as if the post graduate at a different university I chose was European based history. Any help???
(edited 12 years ago)
Hello! I just have a few questions.

1) What do people think of LGBTQ people at SOAS? Is there a lot of discrimination?

2) I know there's a lot of international students, but would you say there are a lot of American students?

3) What's age of a typical freshman at SOAS?
Reply 115
Hey! :smile:
I'm looking for someone who's currently studying at the Politics department...anyone?
Is there really a dreamcatcher on the side of the building? I didn't notice it when I visited, but then, I wasn't paying much attention anyway. Could you take a photo please? ^^
My question is: If i miss my LLB Law offer by say 1 grade e.g. if i get AAB/ABB instead of AAA, if i phoned them up, how likely is it that they will still accept me?
Reply 118
If you're not studying anything related to Africa or the Orient, is there any point in going to SOAS?
Reply 119
Original post by languageotaku
Hello! I just have a few questions.

1) What do people think of LGBTQ people at SOAS? Is there a lot of discrimination?

2) I know there's a lot of international students, but would you say there are a lot of American students?

3) What's age of a typical freshman at SOAS?

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the Q stand for? I was only familiar with LGBT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending