Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni. of Leeds Dental Applicants 2012 (Interviews, Offers and Rejections Discussion)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holahola)
    How many people do they interview ?
    400. it can vary but they tend to base it around the number of applicants from the previous year.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How many people do they interview ?
    I asked the lady and she said roughly 360.

They give out 120 to 160 offers.

-120 offers - 1 in 3 people get an offer

-160 offers - still under a half people get an offer

Either way - very competitive! And they don't want what happened last year again...where a lot of people put them as firm. And they ended up with more students than places available. Therefore I think they'll be gearing more towards giving approx 120 offers.

:headhurts:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tariq786)
    I asked the lady and she said roughly 360.

They give out 120 to 160 offers.

-120 offers - 1 in 3 people get an offer

-160 offers - still under a half people get an offer

Either way - very competitive! And they don't want what happened last year again...where a lot of people put them as firm. And they ended up with more students than places available. Therefore I think they'll be gearing more towards giving approx 120 offers.

:headhurts:

Cheers for the info..
    1 in 3 isn't too horrific .. I guess :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When do we hear the outcome of our interviews
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright.Inspiration.)
    Cheers for the info..
    1 in 3 isn't too horrific .. I guess :/
    It is
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    When do we hear the outcome of our interviews
    Within 6 weeks.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barzy_j)
    pretty scared about this, but so desperate to go to Leeds
    The wait is horrible pal...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    so HORRID, give me light Leeds!
    Just calculated....approx 31 days to go!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what, that seems quite long. When we were in the holidays we were counting down to results day and that took some time, but because we'll be in college for this 24 days or what not, it's going to go REAL FAST. HOPE WE GET IN QUEENBEE
    Pal! Im a re-app, not at college anymore.....god, how lucky am i? Actually, tbf Id rather be waiting the rest of my life than a rejection, I wanna go so bad! xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *QueenBeee)
    Just calculated....approx 31 days to go!
    Did you ask them when we would here?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey pal! No, just going by what happened last year...most people found out 11th-15th march! Have u had your interview at leeeds?xx
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Hey pal! No, just going by what happened last year...most people found out 11th-15th march! Have u had your interview at leeeds?xx
    Yeah at the end of my interview they said to me that they give out offers after all interviews are done... So march I guess.

EDIT: dont neg me for simply giving information you douche!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did! You? I loved it so much xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What did you love about it?
    The city, the people there and how new everything is. Ahhhhhh want to know how I've done !
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Do you think they'll give out all rejections and offers out on the same day the way they did the interview invites? getting really nervous waiting! Is it everyones first choice aswell?x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vic.Louise)
    Hey!

Do you think they'll give out all rejections and offers out on the same day the way they did the interview invites? getting really nervous waiting! Is it everyones first choice aswell?x
    I think they probably will! I know what you man, waiting is driving me insane, but I guess I understand because now they need to start comparing everyone :/ And I think it is most people's first choice from what I've heard.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vic.Louise)
    Hey!

Immediately after you leave the room following your interview, the members on the panel will assess your performance and give you a ranking of either:

• Poor
    • Borderline
    • Good
    • Outstanding

Outstanding = definite offer
    Poor = definite rejection

If 120 offers are available (random example) and 85 (out of the 400 who get interviewed) get outstanding for their performance, they probably then fill up the remaining 35 offers by moving to those who scored good etc.

Leeds usually respond with a reply post-interview once all interviews have been completed.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circular)
    Immediately after you leave the room following your interview, the members on the panel will assess your performance and give you a ranking of either:

• Poor
    • Borderline
    • Good
    • Outstanding

If 120 offers are available (random example) and 85 (out of the 400 who get interviewed) get outstanding for their performance, they probably then fill up the remaining 35 offers by moving to those who scored good etc.

Leeds usually respond with a reply post-interview once all interviews have been completed.
    Thanks for that!
    Do u know when all interviews are finished?? xx
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circular)

• Poor
    • Borderline
    • Good
    • Outstanding

Good info there, thank you
    But now I can't stop wondering which category they fit me into...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    if 85 get 'outstanding', how many will get Good? (100- 120?) how do they get 35 from those?
    Rank the good ones?? I think thats what they do. For Newcastle they rank all the pooled applicants and select those from the pooled to make up the sufficient numbers of offers made

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.