The Student Room Group

Getting to know a guy first or asking on a date?

If you quite like the look of someone, and in general life, you wont see them unless you arrange, do you think it is better to clearly ask them out on a date, which i think many people will be intimidated by and say no, Or is is it better to meet up with them with other friends so they get to know you a bit first, giving you more of a chance of a date and them becoming interested?
IMO Date
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
IMO Date

why? cause you can know if they like you instantly? but how could they like you if they havent spent that much time with you
Reply 3
Date. Don't just say "do you want to go on a date" though :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by laura_ek
why? cause you can know if they like you instantly? but how could they like you if they havent spent that much time with you

The idea of a date is to get to know each other better, find out about each other and then you'll decide if you like each other.... friends around just complicates things in my opinion.
Reply 5
If I were in your situation, I would ask him out, any excuse is okay. The thing is that you can talk to him and show your lovely side to him~
Reply 6
Date, just a coffee or something :smile:
Original post by laura_ek

The point of a date is to get to know each other. You don't need to be in love with someone to go on a date with them.
Reply 8
ye, people generally say date. i just find it a scary idea, that you the person will just say no, because its easier and if they barely see you, they dont think about you. But if they know you more, there is more chance they will see something they like and go for it
Reply 9
the whole concept of a date is to get to know each other so date? or what ever you feel comfortable with?
Reply 10
Original post by gingerben
the whole concept of a date is to get to know each other so date? or what ever you feel comfortable with?

yeah true, ok guys i'm going to take your advice and see what happens! at least il know where i stand.

thanks all x
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
yeah true, ok guys i'm going to take your advice and see what happens! at least il know where i stand.

thanks all x

glad we could help =]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending