The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
met the entire spurs team when i was on holiday training on the beach like 5 mins from where i was. this was a few years ago but met the likes of:
Berba, Keano, Lennon, Jenas, Gomes, Dawson, King, Taarabt, Huddlestone, Modric, Poyet, Ramos and a few others.
Reply 41
I've met Ian Taylor (former Villa player) and i've been in the plunge pool with ex Birmingham player Stephen Clements. Also i've met Nigel Reo-Coker when he was a Villa player, had a photo, chat and got a signature of him. :smile:

No one exciting, my dream is to meet Emile Heskey.
Henrik Larrson :biggrin:, Jordan Henderson,Thomas Sorenson and David Meyler.
Reply 43
My fiance's brother met the entire Chelsea team a couple of years ago. John Terry and what not. And the manager I think, I don't know his number but he looks wasted in the photo.
Reply 44
I used to work in the players entrance at Exeter City, and still wonder in on occasions, and I've also met a few of the bigger names, like the whole spurs team of 2 or 3 years ago, I had a quick chat with Kenny Dalglish this season (or I say quick chat, he just said hello) and I've said hello to a few players who used to play in League 1, but are know higher up, like Oxlade-Chamberlain and Dale Jennings
I met most of the Villa team over the summer after a pre-season friendly, managed to get many autographs, Darren Bent, Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton, Chris Herd, Alex McLeish. My girlfriend got her picture taken with Frankie Simek a few years ago, the American Right-Back who used to play for Sheffield Wednesday.
Reply 46
Original post by River85
Where?

Met Tino Asprilla (sort of). It was the week he signed for Newcastle (95-96 season), I was in the trophy room of St James' and he walked in with his agent and some club reps, I said hello, he looked embarrased and was ushered out the door immediately.

Saw Bobby Charlton in Glossop back in 2007, or at least I'm certain it was him, but didn't have the courage to say hello.

My father used to see Bryan Robson cleaning his boots outside his house in Prudhoe, Northumberland (this was during the early part of his career). But I think he's lying, or mistaken, as I see no reason why Bryan Robson would live in Prudhoe (or anywhere in Northumberland) when he was brought up in Co. Durham and joined West Brom as a trainee. He's not really into football (my father, not Robson :p: ) and, due to Robson's then young age, I'm surpised he recognised him even if he saw him. He gets confused, bless him.

Oh, I was a friend of a friend of Alun Armstrong (for all you Stockport and Ipswich fans) :p:

Top of the rising sun hill
I talked and shook hands with bobby zamora when he came to open our new astroturf pitch
I got his signature too
Reply 48
Maik Taylor come to our primary school fair (his son also went there I think) and he signed autographs and was in goal for beat the goalie too :biggrin:
Reply 49
I met Gary Linekar

Meh.
Reply 50
Ive met David Beckham! He gave me a hug, kissed my cheek :wink: never wanted to wash my face since! <3
Reply 51
Leroy Lita. He wanted to know the location of a particular address.
My mate's met John Barnes, quite jealous :frown:
Friend of mine served beer to Kari Arnason. Hah.
Reply 54
I've met quite a few when I went to Hamburg. It's so damn easy to meet them and get their autographs and have a quit photo etc after their training or the morning after a UEFA Cup match... and often you can even see them in the local supermarkets etc. Seen the followings so far:

Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Rafael Van der Vaart
Jerome Boateng
Piotr Trochowski
Mladen Petric
Paolo Guerrero
Markus Berg
Bastian Reinhardt
Original post by Rock_and_roll

Georgios Samaras (He won Euro 2004 with Greece, remember!)

Sorry but, fraid he didn't. He wasn't there.
Reply 56
Original post by robocop1andahalf
Sorry but, fraid he didn't. He wasn't there.

how do you know?
Met a few M'boro players back in the early 00's. Mark Schwarzer for example. That was before it all went tits up of course.
Original post by Tommyjw
Met, shaked hands and talked with all (i think) of the 2007 United squad which i won by randomly being man of the match in our winning final for a south west competition, awesome.

Which United? Your location suggests Torquay as most likely, but...?
Original post by pinouche13
played with zizou :^_^:

Also Gignac use to drink some beers at a local pub, but i don't really know if he is counted as a footballer..

How?! If you're talking about Fifa 12 online, it probably wasn't him..

Latest