The Student Room Group

Getting wound up by a guy at college

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jp95
My argument precisely! whilst i'm trying to make my friends shut up, they're just doing it in jest (i think/hope)

Just go see the guy on his own?
Explain your friends thought it would be ''funny'' ...
But like someone has recently posted he does seem to be a victim...
People are getting amusement out of making him feel bad/scared however he feels...
And just try and make him see that you actually do not have these pictures.. will be best coming from yourself :smile:
Lool, I don't know?

Kinda funny
Reply 22
Original post by jp95
I know! it's almost laughable isn't it, it's sad how he's serious.
And he actually thinks, i have a physical file filled with photographs of him in my room? wtf

If he reports, lets say the Head calls you in to explain. You deny it, because it isn't true, and say the Head can phone somebody at home and ask them to check; obviously they'll find nothing (although make sure there isn't anything else you don't want your parents to find, hint hint). If the Head won't give up, innocently and casually ask why the kid thinks this (only if you're desperate). Takes the burden of guilt away from you, might accidentally get him to drop your "friends" in it (although you haven't actually snitched) and then they'll be the ones proving they've done nothing wrong (which should be easy tbh).
Punch him.
Reply 24
Original post by anon3991
Just go see the guy on his own?
Explain your friends thought it would be ''funny'' ...
But like someone has recently posted he does seem to be a victim...
People are getting amusement out of making him feel bad/scared however he feels...
And just try and make him see that you actually do not have these pictures.. will be best coming from yourself :smile:

yeah i can see why he could be a victim, but certainly not from me.
i was walking up the stairs to my next lesson, at this point completely oblivious to what my friends had already said and he screams "delete & Bin the files you have of me, and never speak to me again!" and i say "what files, what on earth are you talking about?" and he goes "you know exactly what i mean"

I've tried explaining myself, and tried to show how obvious it is that they are just making him paranoid on purpose, to make me worried, but he's having absolutely none of it whatsoever.
Reply 25
Original post by Aesc
If he reports, lets say the Head calls you in to explain. You deny it, because it isn't true, and say the Head can phone somebody at home and ask them to check; obviously they'll find nothing (although make sure there isn't anything else you don't want your parents to find, hint hint). If the Head won't give up, innocently and casually ask why the kid thinks this (only if you're desperate). Takes the burden of guilt away from you, might accidentally get him to drop your "friends" in it (although you haven't actually snitched) and then they'll be the ones proving they've done nothing wrong (which should be easy tbh).

I Lol'ed :biggrin:
_
but yeah, i completely understand what you mean, and my parents are completely on my side, but i'm sure you agree with me how absurd it is that someone thinks i have a physical folder filled with pictures of someone in my room, which i annotate by hand and stick up on my wall?
When my friends were telling this to the guy, i was thinking "wow, this is getting so far-fetched he'll going to start thinking they're trolling soon" but he just keeps nodding, agreeing, and getting more pissed off! it's mad.
Reply 26
Original post by jp95
yeah i can see why he could be a victim, but certainly not from me.
i was walking up the stairs to my next lesson, at this point completely oblivious to what my friends had already said and he screams "delete & Bin the files you have of me, and never speak to me again!" and i say "what files, what on earth are you talking about?" and he goes "you know exactly what i mean"

I've tried explaining myself, and tried to show how obvious it is that they are just making him paranoid on purpose, to make me worried, but he's having absolutely none of it whatsoever.

Hmmmm...
well as long as you have done nothing i guess you have nothing to worry about :biggrin: ....
Reply 27
Original post by jp95
I Lol'ed :biggrin:
_
but yeah, i completely understand what you mean, and my parents are completely on my side, but i'm sure you agree with me how absurd it is that someone thinks i have a physical folder filled with pictures of someone in my room, which i annotate by hand and stick up on my wall?
When my friends were telling this to the guy, i was thinking "wow, this is getting so far-fetched he'll going to start thinking they're trolling soon" but he just keeps nodding, agreeing, and getting more pissed off! it's mad.

i did just LOL.
it sure is absurd...
if someone started saying stuff to me like that, i'd just think ''yes, whatever!''
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you go to an all boys college.
Reply 29
Original post by SleepySheep
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you go to an all boys college.

No, it's mixed!
Original post by NutterFrutter
Shouldn't this topic be in one of the forum sections where people post pathetic stories?...

That section is called 'TSR'.
I hate it when banter is used to justify bullying.
Reply 32
Original post by AspiringGenius
I hate it when banter is used to justify bullying.

My friends? Yeah, i know.
Original post by jp95
No, it's mixed!

Seriously? That really surprises me.
Reply 34
Seriously? That really surprises me.

yeah i know, i really don't enjoy my college at all :frown: i think i'm the only person that hates it to be honest :P
Original post by jp95
yeah i know, i really don't enjoy my college at all :frown: i think i'm the only person that hates it to be honest :P

:hugs:

Chin up, it gets even worse at uni!
Reply 36
:hugs:

Chin up, it gets even worse at uni!

Haha, thanks. :P Can't wait to get it done and be a bit more independent at university, and away from the guys from high school, if you know what i mean.
Original post by jp95
Haha, thanks. :P Can't wait to get it done and be a bit more independent at university, and away from the guys from high school, if you know what i mean.

Mhm. Where are you applying? Once you get to uni your sixth form friends seem to disappear, at least in my experience anyway.
You seem to be finding fault with the guy when you should be finding fault with the bullies

Your OP and subsequent posts have all been about this boy and what you think is wrong with him

Perhaps you should go the the principal and explain what your friends have been doing ... work on removing the problem not blaming someone who is, as has been said, a victim
Reply 39
Mhm. Where are you applying? Once you get to uni your sixth form friends seem to disappear, at least in my experience anyway.

Warwick, Leeds or Sheffield, to study law -fingers crossed-
Where are you at? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest