The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by kathyowen04
I live in Northern Ireland (part of the UK) and am considering applying to Southern Ireland (which is not part of the UK)

Although, I'm not sure.

What are there requirements. And I am thinkinh either Spain, Portugal or Italy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I am also applying this year, i think bulgaria (Varna and others) and italy (Milan) are the ones that I'm the most interested in so far but I'm still researching for other options. I know that on the 12th of october a bulgarian medical school is coming to the international study fair at Manchester so those who won't to apply might want to have a look (book tickets online for free). Application can be directly to the university or through agencies, I've seen a lot of them online but I don't know which one is the best so any experience from current studients might help.
Reply 382
Original post by marseille_h
Hi I am also applying this year, i think bulgaria (Varna and others) and italy (Milan) are the ones that I'm the most interested in so far but I'm still researching for other options. I know that on the 12th of october a bulgarian medical school is coming to the international study fair at Manchester so those who won't to apply might want to have a look (book tickets online for free). Application can be directly to the university or through agencies, I've seen a lot of them online but I don't know which one is the best so any experience from current studients might help.

I recall someone mentioning one that doesn't charge you. I certainly wouldn't use an agency that charges you money for doing something you can organise yourself (many do, and some are more scummy than others in terms of requiring you to pay more money before they'll do the next step etc). I'm only going off what I've read from posts on here though so I can't answer any questions you might have.
Reply 383

The no fee agency i used is outreach education www.outreacheducation.co.uk. I contacted pleven directly and they told me to contact outreach because they are free.
Reply 384

I am thinking of using outreach or eunicas. 2nd one costs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks outreach guides you for free so i'll go with them i think :smile:, anybody know if italian medical schools provide loans, i know Pleven in Bulgaria does.
Reply 386
Thanks outreach guides you for free so i'll go with them i think :smile:, anybody know if italian medical schools provide loans, i know Pleven in Bulgaria does.

Does outreach help you with the italian ones?
Original post by Qari
Does outreach help you with the italian ones?

It's not mentioned on their internet site but they may do it, got to ask them
Reply 388
Original post by Qari
I am thinking of applying but I don't know how to apply. How have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the late reply. No I haven't applied yet, but I have sent off a pre-application form to Eunicas and they sent back a list of topics we should know for the IMAT exam. Eunicas is an agency which I had to pay about £27 for registration. I really want to go to Milan but competition is incredibly high considering they only accept about 44 students I think? and there's 100s of students actually sitting the the exam all over Europe!
The entrance exam registration opens mid feb- mid march. Which I will be sitting and hopefully it goes well! Revision will be hard considering I am also revising for A2 bio, chem and math.
I attended the student world fair in London last week and learnt about the uni of Pleven in Bulgaria which is now definitely one of my options if all goes wrong and I don't get into uni of Milan.
For Pleven there is an entrance requirement of BB in bio and chem.
Reply 389
Original post by ZW17
Sorry for the late reply. No I haven't applied yet, but I have sent off a pre-application form to Eunicas and they sent back a list of topics we should know for the IMAT exam. Eunicas is an agency which I had to pay about £27 for registration. I really want to go to Milan but competition is incredibly high considering they only accept about 44 students I think? and there's 100s of students actually sitting the the exam all over Europe!
The entrance exam registration opens mid feb- mid march. Which I will be sitting and hopefully it goes well! Revision will be hard considering I am also revising for A2 bio, chem and math.
I attended the student world fair in London last week and learnt about the uni of Pleven in Bulgaria which is now definitely one of my options if all goes wrong and I don't get into uni of Milan.
For Pleven there is an entrance requirement of BB in bio and chem.

Crap. I don't do bio. I do physics maths chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
Original post by Qari
Crap. I don't do bio. I do physics maths chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that sucks, but if u did want to apply to Pleven it would be best to get in touch with the uni- or do it through Outreach Education
I havent done physics since GCSEs so dreading that bit in the IMAT exam!
Reply 391
Anyone studying in Uni of Milan at the moment? What is the diversity like at the Uni? And the city itself?
Reply 392
Original post by ZW17
Ah that sucks, but if u did want to apply to Pleven it would be best to get in touch with the uni- or do it through Outreach Education
I havent done physics since GCSEs so dreading that bit in the IMAT exam!

I am dreading the bio section and the general one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I am also going to apply for European Medicine this year, I was at the studentworld convention in London too. After speaking to one of the admissions woman for Pleven, I learned that their Medicine course starts in Feb 2014. It seems relatively easy to apply especially since you go through outreach education-they pretty much "do the application for you" as they told me. So if anyone is thinking of Bulgaria as a possibility you should start as soon as you can, bear in mind that some students have already got a place allocated for them (according to outreach education guy at convention in London).

:/ I'm freaking out slightly bcause apparently as an EU student we aren't entitled to any loans to cover tuition fees though I thought I heard in one of the seminars (at convention) that Italy can provide tuition loan to EU students studying there. However, the good people of outreach education has just informed me that infact, italy does not currently loan out money to EU students. :O :O so confused!

If anyone has any information regarding loans for tuition fees please help :frown: Thank you :smile:
Reply 394
Original post by bearhuggle
Hi I am also going to apply for European Medicine this year, I was at the studentworld convention in London too. After speaking to one of the admissions woman for Pleven, I learned that their Medicine course starts in Feb 2014. It seems relatively easy to apply especially since you go through outreach education-they pretty much "do the application for you" as they told me. So if anyone is thinking of Bulgaria as a possibility you should start as soon as you can, bear in mind that some students have already got a place allocated for them (according to outreach education guy at convention in London).

:/ I'm freaking out slightly bcause apparently as an EU student we aren't entitled to any loans to cover tuition fees though I thought I heard in one of the seminars (at convention) that Italy can provide tuition loan to EU students studying there. However, the good people of outreach education has just informed me that infact, italy does not currently loan out money to EU students. :O :O so confused!

If anyone has any information regarding loans for tuition fees please help :frown: Thank you :smile:

If you are an EU student you can get a tuition fee loan. Outreach Education told me about this and have info on their website http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/wpfiles/Student%20Loan%20to%20Study%20Medicine%20in%20Europe.pdf

I didn't get the chance to go to the student world but was planning to. What were the outreach people like? I have spoken to tony on the phone and had emails from tony and ben.
Hi mobot. Yep they're lovely. They're encouraging but they're honest at the same time. Thats weird because tony hyde sent me an email saying that currently italy poland and czech rep arent loaning out money to eu students for tuition. Those are the places im thinking of applying to. Where are you going to apply to?
Reply 396
Original post by bearhuggle
Hi mobot. Yep they're lovely. They're encouraging but they're honest at the same time. Thats weird because tony hyde sent me an email saying that currently italy poland and czech rep arent loaning out money to eu students for tuition. Those are the places im thinking of applying to. Where are you going to apply to?

Ah, that is Bulgaria that has the loans, the rest don't. I looked at Czech as well but couldn't afford the tuition fees with out the loan for the full six years. Great to know the outreach education team are as good in the flesh as they have been on the phone and over e-mail.
Reply 397
Original post by mobot
Ah, that is Bulgaria that has the loans, the rest don't. I looked at Czech as well but couldn't afford the tuition fees with out the loan for the full six years. Great to know the outreach education team are as good in the flesh as they have been on the phone and over e-mail.

I was being nosy in another thread and saw that the loans in Bulgaria are regular loans from banks there. Do not do that under any circumstances.
Original post by Ronove
I was being nosy in another thread and saw that the loans in Bulgaria are regular loans from banks there. Do not do that under any circumstances.

Can you explain that better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Original post by OneGirlInAmillion
Can you explain that better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was someone who was studying in Brno, Czech Republic, who talked about it, but I'm not sure. They said it was just bank loans because some of the Bulgarian banks were prepared to lend to EU students. That means that the interest rate was as harsh as a regular commercial loan, and if you end up failing (a native from one of these countries said their universities are often corrupt and you have to bribe the examiner or you will be failed as a common practice, think it may have been Poland though) and give up and go home, you will have this debt aggressively building up and presumably no way of paying it off for a very long time.

Latest

Trending

Trending