The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
pezz
would you choose bristol over notts?

Well, i'm a bit unsure as i haven't visited either, but i would have loved an AAB from Bristol to take the pressure off a little!!!:smile:
helki
Hmm.. yes i found that strange too, but it's still pretty highly regarded. I had heard that up until the LNAT was introduced bristol had been beginning to be dissappointed by the calibre of their law students. They were all highly intelligent but really struggled with the course and perhaps this would explain the fluctuations in the league tables... i don't really know but it's still one of the best anyway.:smile:

Hey Suzi, i thought you weren't too keen on Bristol....what made you change your mind, did you go and visit?:smile:

If Bristol care to be stricter with the offers they give out to international students, maybe they might not be so disappointed.
Yes I agree. I think Bristol need to put their offers up. I was offered ABB. There was really no need for that as I got AAA. However, I think people who really did end up with ABB might struggle with the course.
Reply 23
i don't think ppl who got ABB might struggle with the course.. law is a completely new area... everyone who gets here is on the same level - clueless.
Reply 24
LuverlyLawyer
Yes I agree. I think Bristol need to put their offers up. I was offered ABB. There was really no need for that as I got AAA. However, I think people who really did end up with ABB might struggle with the course.

Just out of interest, what did most people at bristol get at A level... did they get AAA despite being offered lower, or did most of them meet the AAB/ABB offer? Is it a mixture?
Reply 25
Generally, most (more than 90%) of the intake get AAA or higher, despite lower offer. I asked today in the undergrad' office. I know three people with AAAAAA. and many with 4/5 As.
Reply 26
Manchester!!!
Reply 27
/\ is worse than Bristol...
Bristol. However, the advantage of Manchester is that they offer quite a lot of combined courses with law, like law with politics, so if you ever did get bored of just doing law, you could always transfer to law with politics instead at manchester. However, if you don't care and just want to study law on its own, then Bristol is probably that bit nicer and better.
Reply 29
Okey, to advocates of Manchester. WHY???? Humour me....
Let's see...cause they like Man Utd? :p:
Reply 31
Great city
Great lecturers
Great international links
Man utd..haha
hmmm..
Reply 32
Response-
Bristol has above to a greater degree. (and more).
plus.
No Man Utd.
Reply 33
The Lawyer
Response-
Bristol has above to a greater degree. (and more).
plus.
No Man Utd.

Response..U NEED 2 GT OVERRRRRRRR IT!!!
as I said in another thread..they are all very good..end of!:wink:
Yes. But we are now comparing which uni is better. Sure you can argue both are good, but you can't possibly attend bot uni right? We're here to make a choice. And it is Bristol. I hope this one ends the discussion. Any yea, no Man Utd!
Reply 35
Lets agree to disagree..

PS..MANCHESTAAAAA:P:P
Reply 36
But your arguing because you go there not becasue it is better. It isn't.
Reply 37
The Lawyer
But your arguing because you go there not becasue it is better. It isn't.

I could say the same for you:p: And why do you assume I attend Manchester?
Reply 38
Because you where rejected from Bristol?
Reply 39
ElWilson
Because you where rejected from Bristol?

Didn't even apply there:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending