The Student Room Group

How did you demonstrate leadership in your personal statement?

Original post by sony-pony

I didn't.
By examples of where I was a leader? :tongue:
Though seriously, if you don't have an example don't worry... draw up a list of "skills a doctor should have"... should be easy and you should be able to come up with over 15 in under a minute or two. Now pick a few of those skills you know you have and can demonstrate... and write about that :smile: So long as you show suitability to be a doctor, you should be okay..
Reply 3
I was the Managing Director of the young enterprise team at my school! Had to use a variety of skills; decision making, communication, leadership, management skills, team work etc... :smile:
Reply 4
I coach younger kids in sport. I also did a few different things at school which meant I had to take responsibility for some of the younger kids.
I didn't, the only one I could think of was the rather lame "I led my DofE team for a leg", and I figured mentioning it might do more harm then good. I did get asked about leadership at interview though, and gave the lame answer above. So I guess you can always think of something small and blow it out of proportion...
Reply 6
Captain of football and cricket team.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending