The Student Room Group

Easiest GCSE subject?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cubic
Many people are saying that RE is easy, I don't understand this. Is it different for everyone else or something? We have to memorise bible passages and explain various meanings of them, our entire exam is based only on Christianity. Is ours different because my school is a church of england or what?

So much to remember, word for word almost because we need high accuracy. I got the lowest mark in RE out of all of my mocks.

I agree, I go to a church school and we had to memorise bible passages and was one of my weakest subjects (and one of the lowest GCSE result). It was one of the A's that I got (allong with maths and german) allthough many people did much worse than me, they obviously struggled with the content.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Cubic
Many people are saying that RE is easy, I don't understand this. Is it different for everyone else or something? We have to memorise bible passages and explain various meanings of them, our entire exam is based only on Christianity. Is ours different because my school is a church of england or what?

So much to remember, word for word almost because we need high accuracy. I got the lowest mark in RE out of all of my mocks.

We have to remeber bible passages as well and all the stuff you said. Tbh all I did for my RE exams last year which is half of the GCSE was read the textbook the night before and learn the important bible passages on the morning of the exam and I got an A* mainly using some common sense and remembering most things.

But with a lot of other subjects I did past papers and stuff and made notes and got A*s and As but not as easily as in RE. Maths tbh though I don't even read a textbook or anything; just do the exam lol.
Whoever voted for ICT either:
Didn't do it and just heard that it is a 'free A*' or whatever;
Had their teachers do all the work for them (this genuinely happens);
Did a completely different syllabus to me;
Is an academic snob and just refuses to aknowledge that it is one of the hardest GCSEs, or
Just found every other subject harder (that would be hell).
Gotta be AQA Geography.
Reply 24
RE, i didn't know any bible quotes and still got an A*, most of the things you need to know is common sense.
Reply 25
Science for me.
Original post by bestofyou
wow, didn't know you could do Quadruple Award German

No, you do 4 controlled assrssments worth 60% and then in the summer you do a listening and reading paper.
Original post by shyamshah
No, you do 4 controlled assrssments worth 60% and then in the summer you do a listening and reading paper.

so you got 1A*, not four. Is that what you are saying?
I say geograpy. Because I did not concentrate in any classes, did no revision at all and got an A*.

I don't understand how, so I'm just guessing that it must be easy...

Oh, I should say that I did IGCSE, so it may be slightly different...
Science for me, but then again i was only in foundation and they never decided to move me up, ignoring the signs of my full marks in the very easy exams and the A in my coursework >< i hate my science teachers for not believing in me but i was pretty shocked on results day when i got a 'B' in foundation science :smile:

I'd guess doing higher would of been harder but i never got the chance to do that :frown:
I'm quite shocked that maths has the most votes, although I do agree in some respects. I have no idea how to do half the stuff and still managed to get an A* (by the skin of my teeth.)
Original post by bestofyou
so you got 1A*, not four. Is that what you are saying?

I got an A* in 60% of my GCSE, so i can basically only get a B lowest and thatts only if i completely mess up the exams
has to be maths-no revision and got A* (79/80 UMS) for Unit 1 in Y9.RE and Geography wouldn't be too far behind.
For me it's English and History.
Original post by hbk4894
In your opinion, what is the Easiest GCSE subject?

Easiest one?

Biology - Just eat ur revision guide and regurgitate it on the exam paper and BAM! A*
Original post by DeathByBSOD
Easiest one?

Biology - Just eat ur revision guide and regurgitate it on the exam paper and BAM! A*

science is very tough for me but I haven't had an exam on Biology yet.
Humanities on OCR.
It shouldn't even be ****ing legal.
Well these GCSEs required no revision and I still did well, Food tech, religious studies, citizenship, english lit then science :yep:
Original post by Dalek1099
science is very tough for me but I haven't had an exam on Biology yet.

Seriously, if you learn your CGP guide for bio, regardless of whether you understand it or not, you'll get an A*. Funnily enough, I think my easiest GCSE was music...
I would have to say RE as well. Granted, it depends on what you're good at, but everyone in my school got really good grades in it. There's minimal revision, it just about having an open mind. You can choose which religion you answer on (or at least you could when I did mine!) so can use your own, if you want to/have on. And you get marks for your own opinion as well, whether you're an atheist, Christian, Hindu or whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest