The Student Room Group

Can't decide on uni - Give me advice (Exeter or UEA for PPE)

Basically I'm finding it really hard to decide on what uni to go to. The course I want to do is Philosophy, Politics and Economics. I have an offer from Exeter for Philosophy and Political Economy for AAA and an offer from UEA for PPE for ABB (I have other offers but I'm decidedly against accepting any of the others)

I'm predicted 3 A's but I did well in January so I expect to be on target for A*A* A or A* AA

I really want to do a PPE course but I'm worried that UEA isn't as good university as Exeter. I figure that maybe I can change course once I get to Exeter but even if i have to stick with political economy do you think that It would give me different employment prospects than a PPE degree? I am really interested in the economics aspect of the degree course and I am worried that the degree from Exeter doesn't have enough economics in it.

What do you think I should do? Am I selling myself short by accepting an offer from UEA? I want to go to a university where I can get a well respected and employable PPE degree. Also, if I get unexpectedly good grades do you think I may be able to pick up some left over places from better universities when people get their results in August?

Help! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
I went to UEA so am biased but i can safely say it is very well known and respected so you won't be making a mistake by studying there...it's in the top 20 but you shouldn't get too caught up rankings as by the time you graduate both the rankings of UEA and exter will have changed a lot.

Study what you are passionate about, three years is a long time!

Quick Reply

Latest