The Student Room Group

review a level choices please?

I am planning to take these a levels next year:
Geography
Economics
Politics
History

Many people say Economics is a 'strong subject' but some say it isn't, any help?
do you think these are suitable? Its what i think i enjoy so would like to do it but im unsure what i want to do, maybe Geography.

any advice or comments? thanks
It's "strong". Fits well with politics and economics as well, people who do those subjects in my class have a bit of advantage sometimes (for Edexcel economics at least).
If they're what you enjoy, then go for it! :biggrin:

They're all fairly hard/strong choices, and I think they look pretty perfect for a geography application (or many other things)
Reply 3
Both Economics and Geography are seen as 'strong subjects'. You'd have to be a cynic or uninformed to call either soft.
Very strong subjects!!!!!
To judge you would have to tell us what you might want to study at uni... In general though since those are all essay subjects it might be nice to have something a bit different in there.
Reply 6
Original post by Pancakeman123
To judge you would have to tell us what you might want to study at uni... In general though since those are all essay subjects it might be nice to have something a bit different in there.

"Its what i think i enjoy so would like to do it but im unsure what i want to do, maybe Geography."
Reply 7
Original post by TGH1
"Its what i think i enjoy so would like to do it but im unsure what i want to do, maybe Geography."

thanks for the advice and yeah many of them are essays but i dont like science and im good at maths but don't want to continue it so i found that economics could use those strengths.

Quick Reply

Latest