The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Hey friends I think the 2015-16 accommodation system has already opened! The only thing needed is to activate an account, following the instructions of an email enquiry. Then even if you haven't received the invitation to order accommodation you can search "Student Rooms Online", find the platform and use the activated account to register. Make your choice:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Does it matter when we apply for the accommodation?? Is there a higher chance to get what I want if I applied earlier??
Original post by hren_1996
Hey friends I think the 2015-16 accommodation system has already opened! The only thing needed is to activate an account, following the instructions of an email enquiry. Then even if you haven't received the invitation to order accommodation you can search "Student Rooms Online", find the platform and use the activated account to register. Make your choice:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Racemic
Does it matter when we apply for the accommodation?? Is there a higher chance to get what I want if I applied earlier??

No. It will give you no higher chance. Allocations are only made after the final deadline for applications.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
No. It will give you no higher chance. Allocations are only made after the final deadline for applications.

Thank you so much! :wink:
Reply 924
Hey! Can someone tell me how I can withdraw my accommodation application?
Reply 925
Original post by hajs
Hey! Can someone tell me how I can withdraw my accommodation application?

I don't think you can. Why what did you do wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 926
Original post by Gizos
I don't think you can. Why what did you do wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Change of plans - not looking to stay at accommodation anymore..
Reply 927
Original post by hajs
Change of plans - not looking to stay at accommodation anymore..

Oh ok I thought you'd change your mind on a room or something and it says you can't. Sorry can't be of any help then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 928
Original post by Gizos
Oh ok I thought you'd change your mind on a room or something and it says you can't. Sorry can't be of any help then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you anyway. Ill just email them. Im sure its not a big deal :smile: :h:
Reply 929
Original post by hajs
Thank you anyway. Ill just email them. Im sure its not a big deal :smile: :h:

Yeah it's probably better for them as well as it frees up more spaces

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will be intercalating at imperial next year.
In order to save money I'm considering going into a twin shared accommodation.
What are your experience with twin/shared rooms? I don't want to end up with a room mate who is completely opposite of me.
Original post by Brubeckian
Which place has the largest rooms?

I can't speak for all of the halls, but I'm at Pembridge and my room is massive (single, no ensuite) - definitely a lot bigger than my friends rooms in Weeks and Wilkinson (single, no ensuite for theirs as well) and bigger than any room I ever had when I lived with my parents, but I may have just been lucky. We do all get fridges in our rooms though :biggrin:
(Obviously if you're from some sort of mansion it will be small, but anywhere will be then!)

Pembridge is quite far from the university though (35 minutes walking, 20 by tube unless you get lucky and don't have to wait for the tube), so it's not the best choice if you can't getting up early in the mornings. The building is also pretty old and we don't have a lift. It's not really a problem, but I do sometimes get jealous of how new and nice the other halls look in comparison.

But on the other hand it's really close to shops (my friends have to walk 20 minutes just to go food shopping and there's a Tesco, M&S and Waitrose two minutes from us) and a tube. People are very friendly here, but it's quiet at the same time (which is a big plus for me).

I do really like it here and I would make the same choice again given the chance to. Pembridge seems to be a less popular hall so if you put it down there's a reasonable chance you'll get it.

Feel free to ask me questions - I was in the same position as you lot last year!
Original post by Gizos
Just out of curiosity do you think you'll be able to swap when you you've been allocated but before you get there say if you don't like the halls you've been given?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of people wanted to swap last year and very, very few of them were allowed to (and charged £50 each). They have several hundred students who don't like what they get and it's just too much work for them. Everyone I know likes where they have ended up now though, even if it wasn't their first choice, so don't worry over it too much :smile:

Obviously if you really don't like it (like you're given a shared room and don't like it) then talk to them, they don't want you to be miserable!
Do you apply for accommodation if imperial is your insurance but you end up going there. Would you still be able to end up at places like beit or weeks, or be put in somewhere like Xenia miles away
Reply 934
I didn't got through all the 47 comment pages, so I don't know if someone already asked this question :

When I read this article it mentionned that you could choose your price range and what was the most important for you (room type, price, hall...) but I just confirmed my application and those to things were nowhere to be found...also, I had to choose between only 5 Halls, but since you can't apply to 2 different room types in one Hall, I wasn't really given a choice and had to select rooms I absolutely CAN'T AFFORD !
Am I the only one in this situation ? Is it normal ?
Reply 935
Original post by Cl0esh
I didn't got through all the 47 comment pages, so I don't know if someone already asked this question :

When I read this article it mentionned that you could choose your price range and what was the most important for you (room type, price, hall...) but I just confirmed my application and those to things were nowhere to be found...also, I had to choose between only 5 Halls, but since you can't apply to 2 different room types in one Hall, I wasn't really given a choice and had to select rooms I absolutely CAN'T AFFORD !
Am I the only one in this situation ? Is it normal ?

Do you mean you had to choose five halls rather than choose between five halls? As there are definitely more than 5 halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gizos
Do you mean you had to choose five halls rather than choose between five halls? As there are definitely more than 5 halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only had 5 halls to choose from as well. Apparently it's a under-18 policy or something like that.
Reply 937
Original post by presontae
I only had 5 halls to choose from as well. Apparently it's a under-18 policy or something like that.

I can imagine that would be quite expensive then especially because you can't share which means the cheapest option is gone. Which ones did you get to choose between?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 938
hey guys, i am searching for student accomodations in hammersmith, i am going to join the MSc in Immunology program in october 2015. any suggestions?
I am thinking of selecting Beit Hall as one of my accomodation choices. I would really enjoy living in a lively place but I do need reasonable silence for studying and sleeping (I usually go to bed around midnight). How loud does it really get there? (What exactly do they mean on the Imperial website by "higher levels of noise"?) Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending