The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Haven't received anything yet. Where are you thinking of applying to?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Um... Imperial...?
Original post by dragonxi
Um... Imperial...?

Has anyone emailed them yet? Or does Imperial have a TSR rep?
Not going to lie I was getting worried, but everyone else hasn't got the e-mail yet, so it's fine haha.

They're probably gonna send it on the last day of May :biggrin:
Still haven't received anything, anyone else? Also, does someone know whether applying earlier gives you an advantage when it comes to allocation?
'Late May', so start panicking June 1st. No advantage to applying earlier than others.
Original post by BENJISAURUS
'Late May', so start panicking June 1st. No advantage to applying earlier than others.

received an email today saying you will shortly be contacted by student hub but I haven't been contacted yet... how short is 'shortly' anyone know?
Original post by MFMCSP
received an email today saying you will shortly be contacted by student hub but I haven't been contacted yet... how short is 'shortly' anyone know?

I think you should panic, I'm 99% sure this means you won't get accommodation
Just a weird question, does anybody know if there is any difference in desk sizes in the different halls? Are they all the same (some seem different in the 360 tours), does anybody know where I could find this info?
This seems pretty important to me but can't seem to find anybody else even asking for it
^_^ maybe im just weird
Original post by BENJISAURUS
I think you should panic, I'm 99% sure this means you won't get accommodation

Hhhhhhh... Seriously? I thought first year students have guaranteed accommodation
Original post by kilianbratsch
Just a weird question, does anybody know if there is any difference in desk sizes in the different halls? Are they all the same (some seem different in the 360 tours), does anybody know where I could find this info?
This seems pretty important to me but can't seem to find anybody else even asking for it
^_^ maybe im just weird

That's actually a really good question, and desk size would be extremely important to me, too! Hopefully someone comes along with this info, but I'm sure we can always e-mail Imperial about it.

Original post by dragonxi
Hhhhhhh... Seriously? I thought first year students have guaranteed accommodation

Haha, come on, you know he was being sarcastic! :tongue: He was just emphasising his point from his previous message; that no-one needs to panic, as we'll all get the e-mail around the same time (whenever it will be).
Original post by Drackore
That's actually a really good question, and desk size would be extremely important to me, too! Hopefully someone comes along with this info, but I'm sure we can always e-mail Imperial about it.

Haha, come on, you know he was being sarcastic! :tongue: He was just emphasising his point from his previous message; that no-one needs to panic, as we'll all get the e-mail around the same time (whenever it will be).

Hmm... About the desk thing... I'd say we should ask some current students...

Btw sorry about the reply, I wasn't trying to be offensive, just didn't see ur previous replies..
Desk size in Southside/Eastside is the same regardless of type of room (single/twin). Woodward single rooms have desks the same size as Southside/Eastside. Last time I went to a single room in Beit, it was a bit smaller or almost the same size - don't really remember. Xenia is a bit tricky because the normal single rooms have significantly smaller desks, but they might also depend on which floor you're on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is quite disappointing and underwhelming from Imperial: my accommodation application portal only gives me 5 residence halls to pick my best 5 preferences from... am I doing something wrong? Thanks
Original post by suyash2099
This is quite disappointing and underwhelming from Imperial: my accommodation application portal only gives me 5 residence halls to pick my best 5 preferences from... am I doing something wrong? Thanks

how did u get the accomodation email?
am i doing something wrong ._.
Original post by N92991
how did u get the accomodation email?
am i doing something wrong ._.

I just got the email a few hours back - I'm majoring in Computing - they probably roll it out in phases according to major… wait for a couple days.
Original post by BWV1007
Desk size in Southside/Eastside is the same regardless of type of room (single/twin). Woodward single rooms have desks the same size as Southside/Eastside. Last time I went to a single room in Beit, it was a bit smaller or almost the same size - don't really remember.

Great! Thank you so much for this reply, by any chance if you know or know somebody who knows: does it change for woodward twin? What about Pembridge (twins)?
And does Woodward have a kitchen on each floor or two (on each side)?
Thanks for the help
Reply 1097
Since we're talking about desk size, here is the miniature Xenia desk :frown:

12970332_858952577548819_725759804_o.jpg
Reply 1098
Original post by suyash2099

Will you be under 18 when you start by any chance?

Under-18s can't live in Beit hall because that's where the Union is so that may be why. You're also not allowed to share a room.
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/campus-life/accommodation/apply/

Seems to work for me but I don't have email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending