I know, I was just pointing out how little his club matters to anyone
Reply 181
Original post by andrew17
I know, I was just pointing out how little his club matters to anyone

Even the football museum isn't there anymore :tongue:
Reply 182
Original post by TomDixie
Even the football museum isn't there anymore :tongue:

Forever in Blackburn (or whoever their rival is)'s minute shadow!

You'll be delighted that Everton overshadowed Liverpool this season then, how long before Fergie retires and Moyes takes the United job haha?
Reply 183
Forever in Blackburn (or whoever their rival is)'s minute shadow!

You'll be delighted that Everton overshadowed Liverpool this season then, how long before Fergie retires and Moyes takes the United job haha?

Even though we finished above them they still won a trophy. Though thankfully it was the League Cup this time rather than the European Cup.

Also, they beat us 3 times this season.. The 1st ruined by the ref, the 2nd we sent out a weakened side at Anfield when we were in fantastic form and they were diabolical and then the 3rd at Wembley we completely bottled the 2nd half - Distin ruined us.

Difficult to feel too fantastic about finishing above them once everything is taken into account!

I think he'd be a good manager for Man United. They need someone who can step in to that dressing room and command respect instantaneously. Moyes has this aura about him in person and a physical presence.

On the flipside, he is one of the highest paid managers in football, earning 3m+ a year at Everton, and would have to relegate us for Kenwright to sack him - even then I don't think he would. It'd be a big career risk for him any time soon.
Seems the liverpool fans are a little upset that no ones likes them.
Reply 185
Original post by DaveSmith99
Seems the liverpool fans are a little upset that no ones likes them.

I'd be interested to know who you hate the most? I assume your top 3 includes Liverpool, Man City and Leeds, but the order would be interesting.
Reply 186
Even though we finished above them they still won a trophy. Though thankfully it was the League Cup this time rather than the European Cup.

Also, they beat us 3 times this season.. The 1st ruined by the ref, the 2nd we sent out a weakened side at Anfield when we were in fantastic form and they were diabolical and then the 3rd at Wembley we completely bottled the 2nd half - Distin ruined us.

Difficult to feel too fantastic about finishing above them once everything is taken into account!

I think he'd be a good manager for Man United. They need someone who can step in to that dressing room and command respect instantaneously. Moyes has this aura about him in person and a physical presence.

On the flipside, he is one of the highest paid managers in football, earning 3m+ a year at Everton, and would have to relegate us for Kenwright to sack him - even then I don't think he would. It'd be a big career risk for him any time soon.

Does anyone really care about the League Cup haha? Although I guess it is better than nothing.

Agree with everything you said about Moyes/United there.

I think I've made my feelings about C*ltic clear, but apart from them I really dislike Man United and Barcelona.

United because of their tourist fanbase and Barcelona because they're nothing more than cheats!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
Does anyone really care about the League Cup haha? Although I guess it is better than nothing.

Agree with everything you said about Moyes/United there.

I think I've made my feelings about C*ltic clear, but apart from them I really dislike Man United and Barcelona.

United because of their tourist fanbase and Barcelona because they're nothing more than cheats!

I'd do horrendous things to win the League Cup :tongue:

We've never won it, nearly always go out early doors :confused:
I'd be interested to know who you hate the most? I assume your top 3 includes Liverpool, Man City and Leeds, but the order would be interesting.

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Leeds

Leeds are pretty much irrelevant now though really.
Reply 189
I'd do horrendous things to win the League Cup :tongue:

We've never won it, nearly always go out early doors :confused:

Haha! Fair enough then, the League Cup means nothing to us up here, unless it's part of a double or a treble.

Out of interest, what would you opinion on the Old Firm joining the English set up?

I doubt it will ever happen, just want to know what someone who seems to be a level headed fan of an average top half team thinks. Most EPL fans who comment on the idea either know nothing about us or are scared of us replacing them!
Rangers FC. They have made Scottish football a laughing stock with their mafia-esque financial scams, and their ultras have a sizeable contigent of disgusting racists that would be more at home in Eastern Europe.
Reply 191
Original post by Copperknickers
Rangers FC. They have made Scottish football a laughing stock with their mafia-esque financial scams, and their ultras have a sizeable contigent of disgusting racists that would be more at home in Eastern Europe.

Let's face it, Scottish football is laughing stalk anyway. I can't and won't defend the financial issues, but they don't even come close the the child abuse scandals you have had.

And your second comment is simply hilarious. Racism is not a problem at Ibrox, and it never has been. If you mean sectarianism, it's not a problem at Ibrox, despite what the SNP would have you believe, and to be honest I don't think sectarianism is a problem at Parkhead either.

It might have been in the 90s, but both the majority of both fanbases have moved on.

Also, UB07 are probably the least likely people to come out with racism in the whole stadium.
Reply 192
Haha! Fair enough then, the League Cup means nothing to us up here, unless it's part of a double or a treble.

Out of interest, what would you opinion on the Old Firm joining the English set up?

I doubt it will ever happen, just want to know what someone who seems to be a level headed fan of an average top half team thinks. Most EPL fans who comment on the idea either know nothing about us or are scared of us replacing them!

From a purely selfish point of view you're right. My instinctive first reasons would be that I wouldn't want two clubs coming into the league who would both have the potential to become huge once given access to the TV money and marketing opportunities the Premier League brings. It's competition we could do without. I know for a fact that is the angle that our executive team would discuss the issue.

With regards to the cultural/historical point of view, I don't think it's correct for teams to up-sticks and move to a different national league simply because the opportunities are better there. The Old Firm is also very political and religious, which simply doesn't exist in English Football, there'd be a significant clash between the cultures within the English/Scottish fanbases - look at the whole poppy issue fairly recently.

National Leagues should remain rigid imo, otherwise who's to say the bigger clubs mightn't abandon their own national leagues form some kind of Super League in the future?

Essentially being held back because of the country your club is based in must be frustrating, but ultimately you're Scottish, you should make the best of the hand you've been dealt.
Original post by Ras17
Chelsea were probably the most undeserving team to ever win the Champions League. Defend, defend, defend, make a break and hope you get lucky. They spent most of the tournament with a parked bus in front of their goal.

Bayern had 20 corners to Chelsea's 1 and 34 shots to Chelsea's 9. Sums it all up really. And then the hero of it all (Drogba) gets told to pack his bags the day later.

drogba didnt get told to pack his bags he didnt renew his contract, he even said he would have stayed if they didnt win which suggests that he chose to leave. And football is a game of luck as well as skill, so what chelsea lacked in skill, robeto di mattheo made up for in luck. And i actually applaud chelsea for what they did, they knew what they had to do to win and they implemented it, and did it well.
And for all who say that drogba is a *****r should probably know that he give an awful amount of money to charity and spends most of his summer in ivory cost giving back to those back in his homeland but on the pitch he's a total spanner. Apart from him and a few others the rest of the players are such unlikely blunts. And they make me fell a bit sad to say im a chelsea fan.
Btw im assuming you're a braca fan boy?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 194
Sunderland (I'm a toon fan) and Liverpool (goes without saying)
Reply 195
Original post by SpunkyVanDros
drogba didnt get told to pack his bags he didnt renew his contract, he even said he would have stayed if they didnt win which suggests that he chose to leave. And football is a game of luck as well as skill, so what chelsea lacked in skill, robeto di mattheo made up for in luck. And i actually applaud chelsea for what they did, they knew what they had to do to win and they implemented it, and did it well.
And for all who say that drogba is a *****r should probably know that he give an awful amount of money to charity and spends most of his summer in ivory cost giving back to those back in his homeland but on the pitch he's a total spanner. Apart from him and a few others the rest of the players are such unlikely blunts. And they make me fell a bit sad to say im a chelsea fan.
Btw im assuming you're a braca fan boy?

No, I'm not a Barca fan. I just don't like the idea of Chelsea playing like a team at the pits of relegation in what is meant to be the most prestigious club competition on the world. Their tactics were more anti-football than anything.

They only won cos the other teams attacked, creating entertaining games worth watching. Sure, parking the bus may get you result, but what would happen to football if all teams did that?
Reply 196
Stoke must be right up there. Pack of neanderthals on the pitch and their fans are utter mongs.
Reply 197
Arsenal & Tottenham.

All I ever hear from the fans is 'Yeah, but next season...'

Why can't Arsenal admit that their team is merely a shadow of their team a decade ago. Wengers' philosophy is *******s, they've won jack ****. I don't understand why they can't just admit it instead of thinking they're a European heavyweight... They're not. FACT.

Tottenham.... just LOL. Do alright one season and think Harry is God's gift to management. Oh please, he had a disgusting end to the season and Tottenham bottled it. Have fun on Channel 5 next year...

I don't *hate* Stoke, but everyone bangs on about how they're 'such a hard team' and going 'oooh that'll be a hard one'... They finished 14th, just 9 points above relegation zone. They're a physical team, but they're not good. West Brom, Norwich and Swansea finished above them :/
(edited 11 years ago)
I dont really hate a club, i hate the fans, i mean i live in london but since i was young i supported newcastle, in school everyone was mostly Arsenal fans, the amount of arguments ive had with them lol, i also hate sunderland for obvious reasons. But after this season when we played arsenal and van persie was being a class A prick, ive lost all my respect for him, and his fans.
Reply 199
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not debatable. He used the word negro and tried to justify it.

Every club has jibbers, Liverpool aren't any different or any worse but it would ne nice if the fans and club acknowledged this.

I totally agree with this.

TomDixie was pretty gracious though so save your rant.

As did Messi but nobody seems to care about that and accepts it is what is said in his culture :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest