The Student Room Group

Waiting for final degree grade.

Scroll to see replies

I've received my provisional final marks back, but I won't receive my 'official' classification and final marks back until the 2nd July!
I'm pretty much guaranteed a solid 2:1, so I'm happy with that!
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 81
Officially i'll find out on July 2nd. Unofficially the course director has confirmed i'll be graduating with a First.

I'm still convinced they've mixed me up with someone else, my calculations show that at most I should have come out of this with a high 2.1 but still below the "let's bump them up" threshold :/. Plus there have been so many mix ups with grades at Cumbria that until it's in my hands I refuse to believe it.

I'm far more interested in the breakdown though. I haven't had any feedback for 3 out of 5 third year modules and it's irritating me.
Original post by Obzocky
Officially i'll find out on July 2nd. Unofficially the course director has confirmed i'll be graduating with a First.

I'm still convinced they've mixed me up with someone else, my calculations show that at most I should have come out of this with a high 2.1 but still below the "let's bump them up" threshold :/. Plus there have been so many mix ups with grades at Cumbria that until it's in my hands I refuse to believe it.

I'm far more interested in the breakdown though. I haven't had any feedback for 3 out of 5 third year modules and it's irritating me.

Same here my supervisor (also head of Biology) has said he would expect me to get what i expect to get (2:1).
Got a first. Supposedly. Back from night out and still can't really believe it!!! Good luck everyone, sure you will do better than you think! x
I'm still waiting on mine. Monday can't come soon enough.
Got my results this morning....2.1 overall, extremely happy with that! :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by thecrimsonidol
Got my results this morning....2.1 overall, extremely happy with that! :biggrin:

Congratulations! Well done :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Well done everyone so far! Such fantastic grades! Less than 24 hours until mine now!
Reply 88
Original post by angel_night
Well done everyone so far! Such fantastic grades! Less than 24 hours until mine now!

Oo good luck! I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:

Reply 89

Same here, considering staying up tonight, not sure I'll be able to sleep :tongue:
Got a 2:1 as well, was convinced I had a 2:2 after getting tons of mid 50s marks in second and third year!

Feel like Tiziano Crudeli on the Ladbrokes advert: "Fantaaaaaaastico! 2-1! 2-1!" Okay, that's football and this is uni, but it's pronounced the same! :biggrin:

So happy :awesome:
I got an email this morning saying we would get results this morning which scared the **** out of me but I got a 2.1 65%.

Also ended up getting a first in the exam I thought I had failed.
I don't even know when I'll be getting mine. Sat my last exam May 5th, so I'm getting rather impatient. My uni usually gives us our results the first week of July, so I'm expecting them around then. I hate waiting though when everyone seems to already have theirs!
Reply 93
Got mine this morning, 2:1 at 61%!

Considering my previous years grades were all 60%, I'm just glad I made the 2:1 mark even though it is at the bottom end of the 2:1 scale. A 2:1 is still a 2:1!

Congrats to all those you have their marks! Well done! All the best for those still waiting!

:biggrin:
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have searched high and low but can't find the answer.

Just had my final results back for my last year, and I have an average of 59.3%. I'm absolutely gutted as 1% more in a double module would have reached a 2:1. As far as I'm aware, this is now stuck at a 2:2, but i've heard that certain university do 'bump ups' or discretionary elevations.

I have found these for some universities, however I am at Birmingham City University and I can't find any info.

Has anyone been to BCU and had this bump up? Or does any know of anyone?

I'm kind of lost atm, so any help would be truely appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply 95
Just got a 2:1. Not surprised but relieved. Didn't really work for the full 3 years and only really considered the importance of it after I finished my exams. Feels gooood. Learnt nothing about work ethic though. That has to come next

I'm so bored waiting for results - still have 2 weeks! Silly university taking unnecessarily long :frown:
Well done everyone! :biggrin:
I got a 1st!!ahhhh! And I can't believe it but I got the highest make in year group!
I got a 1st!!ahhhh! And I can't believe it but I got the highest make in year group!

Congrats!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending