Imagine if you fail your A2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sean9001
No it doesn't.

In pure logic, yes it does.
Reply 21
Original post by S_123
Do you mean the Geography AQA A2 today? I'm sure it won't have gone that bad! Grade boundaries are always super low remember! :smile:

Ahh, thanks for the help, but alas this was edxcel. It was truly an awful paper, and there little doubt of a floppage. Anyways, i've talked it out with my friend and we've rearranged our life plans :biggrin: im now going to spend the year doing voluntary work, apparently.
Reply 22
Original post by Petro_99
i now have motivation to revise! lol

you can re-sit certain exams, if you take a gap year, by enrolling just for certain exams.

also, clearing is yes, for people who dont meet their offers.

P.S. if you think you`ve failed the exam, there are probably others who have done crap too, you dont really know until results day, dependent on grade boundaries.

and sometimes, if you miss your offer by a few UMS they still let you on

okay. I'll check clearing. and i'm glad i could take a gap year and re-sit, my school quite flexible with things like that so im sure they will let me. I havn't heard of anyone doing that before though :s-smilie:
Then again the sixth forms only 3 years old
Original post by Forget that
Pretend that you got through your As's and got offers from universities.
Then you sat your A2 exams and did really badly, pulling your grades down so that they no longer met the offer.

Would there be any way to re-sit these exams, rather than re-take take the year and would you have to apply again through UCAS.
I think i just failed my tests, consecutively. I do not want to re-apply for UCAS, i only just sorted out the student finance :rolleyes:

Any advice/experiences would be of help. Also, what about clearing or extra is that for people who do not meet their offers?
thanks

PS going to uni is not of the most importance in life, but it just seems such a waste of my time applying and trying to get in only to be turned down because of one bloody geography exam, especially when it's not the subject you want to do! :mad:

I don't have to imagine, this actually happened to me last year. Though I have personal reasons for failing my A2 exams. I took this year to study the material again and retake the exams as a private candidate. I also invested in personal tutors.

Clearing is for people who don't meet their offer yes, but you shouldn't just pick a course because you want to go to university. If you wouldn't be happy settling for a clearance offer them my advice would be to reapply.

However that said, if you just failed the one exam, you may still be able to go to your first choice university, sometimes universities accept you even if you don't meet your conditional offer.
Original post by Norton1

He was using reason implying some thought has gone into initiating the event. Earthquakes don't destroy villages for a reason, they just do.
Reply 25
Original post by soempty
Fail to get a* at maths now forget about cambridge and lse... (doing my as year, but full maths a-level).

I didn't get A* when I took maths early because I flunked C4 even though I got 94% overall but I still got an offer from Oxford though they want the A* in either Further maths or Physics so there is still a point in applying
Reply 26
Original post by Chris P Chicken.
He was using reason implying some thought has gone into initiating the event. Earthquakes don't destroy villages for a reason, they just do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/find_out/guides/tech/earthquakes/newsid_1894000/1894934.stm
Reply 27
Original post by Jenx301
I'm in the exact same situation. I feel awful because I am sure I wont meet my grades for uni now, because of one bad exam. If you fail to meet your grade requirements there is a very slim chance they may still let you in (but unlikely) and then you will be put into clearing. If you dont want any clearing places you will just have to re sit the year and apply for the next uni cycle again. x

It depends, most unis will cut you a grades slack in entrance i know for a fact that UCL does, if you miss by a grade theyll pool you so youre still in with a shot others may be even more leniant so its not entirely without hope :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by Norton1

But in terms of fate, in which the poster was writing, no it doesn't.
Pretend that you got through your As's and got offers from universities.
Then you sat your A2 exams and did really badly, pulling your grades down so that they no longer met the offer.

Would there be any way to re-sit these exams, rather than re-take take the year and would you have to apply again through UCAS.
I think i just failed my tests, consecutively. I do not want to re-apply for UCAS, i only just sorted out the student finance :rolleyes:

Any advice/experiences would be of help. Also, what about clearing or extra is that for people who do not meet their offers?
thanks

PS going to uni is not of the most importance in life, but it just seems such a waste of my time applying and trying to get in only to be turned down because of one bloody geography exam, especially when it's not the subject you want to do! :mad:

I don't believe in fairytales. :cool:
Reply 30
exactly what im dreading
Reply 31
Original post by Picture~Perfect
I don't have to imagine, this actually happened to me last year. Though I have personal reasons for failing my A2 exams. I took this year to study the material again and retake the exams as a private candidate. I also invested in personal tutors.

Clearing is for people who don't meet their offer yes, but you shouldn't just pick a course because you want to go to university. If you wouldn't be happy settling for a clearance offer them my advice would be to reapply.

However that said, if you just failed the one exam, you may still be able to go to your first choice university, sometimes universities accept you even if you don't meet your conditional offer.

Thank you nice to know someone went through the process and still came out alright. University is not at all compulsory for me, indeed, i wanted to do english lit for goodness sake :tongue:
it's a shame because i got good grades last year, aaac so i'm just really pissed off that i had to fail this year so bad.
Reply 32
Original post by IndieTams
I don't believe in fairytales. :cool:

its alright for some :frown:
its alright for some :frown:

Don't say that. If you've revised effectively and trust yourself, the possibilities are endless.
Reply 34
But it won't be the whole year? it would be in January. But then, i would have to wait the whole year to go uni anyway! Argh you just can't win.

Dam you Edxcel!!! you ruin my life. i had it all planned out and everything

Not sure if this helps you at all but some uni's allow you to start in January/ February if you retook some exams and work through the summer holidays to catch up. But i would just wait for the rest of the year as people will have their friends and everything.
Reply 35
I'd kill myself.
Reply 36
Original post by andrew_c
Not sure if this helps you at all but some uni's allow you to start in January/ February if you retook some exams and work through the summer holidays to catch up. But i would just wait for the rest of the year as people will have their friends and everything.

I've never heard of that before, that would great. Sadly, i have a suspicious feeling it would only be the more... well... london met sort of ones that would do that? Not cussing LM, mum went there :redface:

in admittance to everyone, i do have a very negative attitude towards myself, but it's just when the grades you need are so high you just don't think it's going on.
Reply 37
I've never heard of that before, that would great. Sadly, i have a suspicious feeling it would only be the more... well... london met sort of ones that would do that? Not cussing LM, mum went there :redface:

in admittance to everyone, i do have a very negative attitude towards myself, but it's just when the grades you need are so high you just don't think it's going on.

I know what you mean, i need to get ABB :s-smilie:. For some people thats a walk in the park but i had a bad first year :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest