The Student Room Group

ICE Quest Civil Engineering scholarship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MRS_sipp1
I've firmed Loughborough and my insurance is Surrey!I

I actually visited both of them Universities as well! I really liked Surrey actually must admit didn’t there offer some ICE scholarship stuff? I remember seeing it somewhere
Hi sorry I’ve just seen this thread and I want to apply to civil engineering next year and I was just wondering when the application process for the scholarships start? Any tips to help me prepare?

Good luck to you all with your results :smile:
Original post by Calebb
I actually visited both of them Universities as well! I really liked Surrey actually must admit didn’t there offer some ICE scholarship stuff? I remember seeing it somewhere

Yeah it does - I think you apply in September/ October time. You said you firmed Cardiff is that far from where you live or do you live in that area.
Yeah it does - I think you apply in September/ October time. You said you firmed Cardiff is that far from where you live or do you live in that area

Yeah so Cardiff is my insurance, but no I live about an hour or so south by train from London. So both Sheffield and Cardiff are a bit of a distance from where I live at the moment
Original post by Calebb
Yeah so Cardiff is my insurance, but no I live about an hour or so south by train from London. So both Sheffield and Cardiff are a bit of a distance from where I live at the moment

Hi Calebb,

Sorry for the VERY late reply - I started working and kind of forgot 😅!
I hope you are well - I was just wondering if you've heard anything since we sent our choices off? I'm trying to figure if we're supposed to hear something from QUEST before Results Day.

I also live near/in London, right on the outskirts of North London.
Hi Calebb,
Sorry for the VERY late reply - I started working and kind of forgot 😅!
I hope you are well - I was just wondering if you've heard anything since we sent our choices off? I'm trying to figure if we're supposed to hear something from QUEST before Results Day.

I also live near/in London, right on the outskirts of North London.

Ahahah no worries!! Nope have heard nothing since I sent my choices off, I started wondering if maybe (if we are unlucky) no company will actually want to interview us potentially and we only got through to the "companies will review will application now" stage not the "companies choosing you for interview" stage. And I can't see anything online about if it could be that after sending choices off we could hear back that we haven't got an interview at all?? Also cannot see a "companies will be in contact with you by this date" either so maybe our results we get matter too? But in that case would we only get a couple of weeks to prepare for interviews? I don't know, thinking of emailing ICE and asking about when we should hear something
Original post by Calebb
Ahahah no worries!! Nope have heard nothing since I sent my choices off, I started wondering if maybe (if we are unlucky) no company will actually want to interview us potentially and we only got through to the "companies will review will application now" stage not the "companies choosing you for interview" stage. And I can't see anything online about if it could be that after sending choices off we could hear back that we haven't got an interview at all?? Also cannot see a "companies will be in contact with you by this date" either so maybe our results we get matter too? But in that case would we only get a couple of weeks to prepare for interviews? I don't know, thinking of emailing ICE and asking about when we should hear something

Got an email from someone called Ashley today - so we're still in the running so far! Good luck for tomorrow - tell me how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. again sorry for my very poor replies
Got an email from someone called Ashley today - so we're still in the running so far! Good luck for tomorrow - tell me how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. again sorry for my very poor replies

I am a bit confused with the email we received today as part of it sounded like people have already been chosen as it says "some of you are already sponsored and won’t have company interviews, while others, sadly, have not been chosen for interview by the companies involved in the scheme"
What? I haven't received an email from them today. So last week before results I got an email for Ashley saying to remember to send in our results by monday - which I l did. Then on monday evening I got an email about which companies I had interviews for. I haven't received anything about some people already being sponsored.
Original post by Calebb
I am a bit confused with the email we received today as part of it sounded like people have already been chosen as it says "some of you are already sponsored and won’t have company interviews, while others, sadly, have not been chosen for interview by the companies involved in the scheme"

Maybe you need to email them back for clarification.
What? I haven't received an email from them today. So last week before results I got an email for Ashley saying to remember to send in our results by monday - which I l did. Then on monday evening I got an email about which companies I had interviews for. I haven't received anything about some people already being sponsored.

Oh I haven't had any emails about the companies or interviews yet. Maybe I just haven't got any interviews. I think I might email them
Original post by Calebb
Oh I haven't had any emails about the companies or interviews yet. Maybe I just haven't got any interviews. I think I might email them

Yeah email just to clarify since the wording is confusing. On the other hand, How did results day go for you - where are you off to?
Hi can I ask what type of questions were asked at interview
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest