The Student Room Group

Decisions: MSc in Development (LSE vs UCL vs Sussex)

Hello all,

I've applied to MSc programs in LSE (MSc in Social Policy & Development), UCL (Environment and Sustainable Development) and Sussex (Environment, Development and Policy). I received an offer from LSE, but still waiting to head from UCL and Sussex. As I submitted applications late for Sussex and UCL I doubt I'd receive an offer :frown:. However, I would still like to hear some opinions about deciding between these 3 schools and the programs based on quality of education, the specific area (development) or

Any feedback would be much appreciated. :smile:
Shameless bump!!! Anyone in the development sector or doing a master in development can provide some input in the above question? I would really like to get some feedback about which university is better of those three for this sector? I've heard that Sussex is really strong with the Int. for Dev. Studies? Is it worth turning down LSE for Sussex? OPINIONS pleasee!!!
Yeah Sussex has a better reputation in the development sector. LSE is more for social sciences
I work in the development sector so maybe I can help.

Is the Sussex degree one of those offered through the IDS?
Original post by beefmaster
I work in the development sector so maybe I can help.

Is the Sussex degree one of those offered through the IDS?

Hi Beefmaster, the degree in Sussex is actually not offered through IDS but through the School of Global Studies (MA in Environment, Policy & Development); while the one in LSE is a MSc in Social Policy and Development; the one in UCL is on Sustainable Development. My worry is that so far I'm only got an offer from LSE, and I'm not sure whether to just accept that one (taking into account I should start the process to get my visa asap) or wait for the decisions of the other 2.
LSE hands down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending