The Student Room Group

Business Analyst/Consultant (non-finance)

Hi there,

I'm graduating next summer from Uni of Liverpool with expected 2:1 in Business Studies BSc. I'm a mature student of 31, with 14 years professional business experience in both the public and private sector.

I would like to enter the consultancy industry, and I am hoping someone can clarify for me whether it is worth completing the Level 5/7 in Professional Consulting (Award/Certificate/Diploma) - http://www.iconsulting.org.uk/training_and_qualifications/qualification_and_training_course_information/consultancy_qualification_framework , to perhaps gain a competitive advantage when applying for graduate jobs.

I understand how competitive graduate jobs are in consultancy, irrespective of my professional background, so is it worth completing the 'Institute of Consultancy' qualification in order to effectively 'stand out from the crowd' from other applicants?

Many thanks,

Emma
Original post by ScouseEmma28
Hi there,

I'm graduating next summer from Uni of Liverpool with expected 2:1 in Business Studies BSc. I'm a mature student of 31, with 14 years professional business experience in both the public and private sector.

I would like to enter the consultancy industry, and I am hoping someone can clarify for me whether it is worth completing the Level 5/7 in Professional Consulting (Award/Certificate/Diploma) - http://www.iconsulting.org.uk/training_and_qualifications/qualification_and_training_course_information/consultancy_qualification_framework , to perhaps gain a competitive advantage when applying for graduate jobs.

I understand how competitive graduate jobs are in consultancy, irrespective of my professional background, so is it worth completing the 'Institute of Consultancy' qualification in order to effectively 'stand out from the crowd' from other applicants?

Many thanks,

Emma

I'd be inclined to try and get leverage out of your previous professional experience, this makes you stand out much more from recent graduates than another qualification would. Consulting is about knowledge and there is more of that to get from experience than there is from books and classrooms.

Try getting back in contact with every friendly line manager you've ever had, make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date and interesting etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending