The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z4z
Hi.

I hope someone can help here. I had an interview for ABFO few weeks ago but was unsuccessful. As Capita won't provide any feedback I don't know what I did wrong.

Now I have been invited for an interview for BFO interview with the added element of presentation... I really want/need this job but I feel I can't crack the interview :frown:

Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I also had an interview for abfo but haven't received a reply yet. What date was your interview and what post was it for?
Reply 1801
Hi.
It was on Wed 6th Feb for Assistant Immigration Officer. Received the outcome on 18th Feb.

Original post by Mr poster
Hi

I also had an interview for abfo but haven't received a reply yet. What date was your interview and what post was it for?
Reply 1802
Jheeze!! Still nothing! Now I understand the frustrations of those waiting for the results from online tests!! Are you all still waiting??

It is leaning towards highly unlikely that I got the caseworker job but it would still be nice to know lol.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1803
Original post by Law2013
Jheeze!! Still nothing! Now I understand the frustrations of those waiting for the results from online tests!! Are you all still waiting??

It is leaning towards highly unlikely that I got the caseworker job but it would still be nice to know lol.

Chill out. They said at interview that we can expect to find out the outcome at the end of February.
Reply 1804
Original post by RAFecon
Chill out. They said at interview that we can expect to find out the outcome at the end of February.

I was told that the results will start to come out "early next week", that was early last week. However I shall sit tight (not that there's any other option) until the end of the week.

Original post by z4z
Hi.
It was on Wed 6th Feb for Assistant Immigration Officer. Received the outcome on 18th Feb.

Thanks for the info, and what location did you apply for?
Can anyone help in terms of the questions asked at interview? or provide details of level of answer for the competencies? is it AA/AO, EO/SEO or G7/6...... Got my interview in next couple of days....help
Hi, I applied for ABFO and had my interview on 1st Feb for Heathrow. Still haven't heard anything :frown: anyone got any info or had replies?

Also had an interview for BFO and the interview was on 15th Feb for Heathrow same situation
Reply 1808
Heathrow

Original post by Mr poster
Thanks for the info, and what location did you apply for?
Reply 1809
Hi, I also had my interview for BFO on 15th February and am awaiting to hear from them. Hope it's good news. I wonder if people who wait longer to get their feedback means their not on the reject list? Who knows!
Reply 1810
I also called them today to get an update and the lady advised me end of March :s-smilie: which will make the wait ever so painful! The job will be amazing no doubt so just hope I get an offer - fingers crossed for all those who are waiting as well!
Reply 1811
Original post by Sally001
I also called them today to get an update and the lady advised me end of March :s-smilie: which will make the wait ever so painful! The job will be amazing no doubt so just hope I get an offer - fingers crossed for all those who are waiting as well!

End of march?? So people will potentially be waiting 2 months to hear? That doesn't sound right! Even by capitas standard!!

Original post by Law2013
End of march?? So people will potentially be waiting 2 months to hear? That doesn't sound right! Even by capitas standard!!

I was told On the day ( also 15th Feb though not the same session as Sally) that it could be up to 4 weeks to hear back ...
Is anyone really surprised though? We know what the wait was like to sort out the test results! I do recall reading way, WAY back in the thread that someone waited nearly two months to hear the result of their particular interview, so it's not entirely unfounded. I suppose it's just the lack of consistency that irks a tad, with some getting their offer/rejection within a week or two. But it is what it is!
Original post by Law2013
No *cries* had my interview 3 weeks ago-weds 6th Feb, when was yours?

i had mine two weeks ago but looks like we will hear by the end of the week judging by a few other posts
Original post by Sally001

i think that may be because some of the bfo have been put on reserve so they need to interview them before making a decision
Has anyone applied for the ABFO at Thames gateway/tilbury?
Anyone previously been a police officer and now wishing to join or has joined as an IO, I would be grateful if you answer the following questions:

Why do you wish to leave the leave to join the IO?

If you have worked in both jobs, which did you prefer and why?

I don't think there is many on here, but it's worth a shot.
Reply 1818
How is immigration officer training going?

Reply 1819
I haven't started yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending