The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by Law2013
Well they offered me a start date for feb but I asked for march. My current role I'm temping so am leaving next week, don't need to give notice. My interview I had no feeling about it, however I didn't expect to get the job.

Applied for job on 14th September

Got invited to take tests on 19th September

Was told I had passed tests on 8th October.

Had interview on tues 16th October

Found out I had passed interview on 26th October

Had health assessment on 5th November

Pre-employment checks were done around 1st November

Beginning of December I filled out my security clearance form.

4th Jan, I got a call to discuss start dates- I was offered 21st feb in Croydon. I opted for 28th march, training in hounslow. Based at London bridge. Got home and had my security clearance through the post. Also I received my formal offer of employment.

It's been a long haul!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Blooming heck it was a long haul for you but nonetheless you have got an opportunity to fo a fantastic role so congratulations. Thanks for answering my qs.
did they email you your offer?
Hope it turns out to be everything you hoped it to be. All the best and do let us know how it goes!!
Reply 1861
Bdw when did you do your interview for the caseworker role law2013?
just tryin to work out if I am likely to hear anytime soon with my results for the bfo role...
Reply 1862
Original post by MFK47
I'm on the reserve list for both ABFO and BFO roles. Still not heard anything and still waiting...

Hey how do you know your on a reserve list? Do they actualy tell you that? Excuse my ignorance but why would they even have a reserve list? How long have u been on it so far? Hope it hasnt been too long...
Reply 1863
Original post by RAFecon
Thanks

TBH I would probably prefer IO. Wanna trade? :wink:

Congrats!!!
Did they email you with the offer? Did u have to wait long for a response?
Reply 1864
Original post by Sally001
Congrats!!!
Did they email you with the offer? Did u have to wait long for a response?

They emailed the offer - a conditional offer based on references and security clearance. I waited a month for a response.
Reply 1865
How did your interview go? mine was pretty atrocious but some part of me still is hoping that I get the job...who knows miracles can happen!! lol
Good for you hope it was worth the wait my friend!! Let us know how everything else goes too!! All the best!!!!
Reply 1866
Bdw when did you do your interview for the caseworker role law2013?
just tryin to work out if I am likely to hear anytime soon with my results for the bfo role...

They send out all offers and rejections by email.

Caseworker interview was 6th Feb, when was your interview?

Reply 1867
Hey how do you know your on a reserve list? Do they actualy tell you that? Excuse my ignorance but why would they even have a reserve list? How long have u been on it so far? Hope it hasnt been too long...

Hey, I was emailed about three weeks ago just saying how they were interviewing the highest scoring applicants first and that I'd been put onto some reserve list. Technically, I should hear whether I've progressed further or not by the end of this week or the next.. I think. I'm not holding my breath though.

How about you? When did you apply?
Got an offer for caseworker! Ah, stressful job hunting is finally over. Well, subject to passing security clearance...
Original post by johnderby
Got interview for BFO tomorrow. Anyone had theirs recently?

How did it go?

Had mine today. It was better than I thought it would be. It was basically just me and one other fellow. We were taking upstairs to a room where we were briefed on the day's agenda. The first part is a scenario assessment and the second the interview. In the same room, we were given a sheet which had the scenario written down; we were given 10 mins to read the information and 10 mins to write down in notes what we would do and why. After this I was taken to another room where I was asked about my actions in relation to the scenario,what I would do and why. After this, they interviewed me using the competence points. Overall, it was pretty relaxed and I developed a good rapport with the 2 panellists. Awaiting the verdict. fingers crossed!
Original post by Mr poster
Was anyone on a reserve list and then offered an interview??

I was put on the reserve list then had my interview today.
I live in Stratford and although I haven't been given the outcome of the interview, I'm pondering how I will commute to heathrow everyday. Anyone else live further away?
Reply 1872
Original post by Law2013
They send out all offers and rejections by email.

Caseworker interview was 6th Feb, when was your interview?

I had ny interview on the 15th Feb so it looks like I may be getting mu results soonish? I'm scared lol
Reply 1873
Original post by MFK47
Hey, I was emailed about three weeks ago just saying how they were interviewing the highest scoring applicants first and that I'd been put onto some reserve list. Technically, I should hear whether I've progressed further or not by the end of this week or the next.. I think. I'm not holding my breath though.

How about you? When did you apply?

I applied back in December time and got invited to do the tests shortly. Was successful in these tests but only received feedback when I contacted them as it was past their deadline set. Had my interview on 15th Feb.
Reply 1874
Original post by Salapanda
Got an offer for caseworker! Ah, stressful job hunting is finally over. Well, subject to passing security clearance...

Congrats!!!
Reply 1875
Original post by TruthDefender90
I was put on the reserve list then had my interview today.

How long had u been on a reserve list for til they contacted u for an interview?
Reply 1876
Anyone in training can you briefly explain what happens?

I'm starting end of the month and just wondering what the set up is...been told some of the training is residential?
Congrats!!!

Thank you! Hopefully you get a positive response soon. Caseworker as well?
Reply 1878
Original post by Salapanda
Thank you! Hopefully you get a positive response soon. Caseworker as well?

Tbh I do not think it will be positive. My interview went pretty bad I felt the technique of interviewing was unnecessary. I went for the BFO role. Fingers crossed anyway still as I know I am more than capable of doing the role and iy would be an amazing job opportunity too!!
How long had u been on a reserve list for til they contacted u for an interview?

It was around a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending