The Student Room Group

Visa for Australian Elective

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If you say you're a medical student doing an elective you'll have to do it apparently.
Original post by nas7232
If you say you're a medical student doing an elective you'll have to do it apparently.

I did say that and wrote it explicitly - originally it came up with "You will need an Xray You will need a HepB/HIV" etc. Then like 3 days later I got my visa - I had to actually cancel my medical appointment on the day.

I even rang direct to Australia to find out why and all they would say is that I'm a "Category A" born in UK etc (but so are most of the medical students going there...) hmmm maybe they made a mistake me with me!

Well I'm back now so it's too late :p:
Reply 22
Original post by Philosoraptor
I did say that and wrote it explicitly - originally it came up with "You will need an Xray You will need a HepB/HIV" etc. Then like 3 days later I got my visa - I had to actually cancel my medical appointment on the day.

I even rang direct to Australia to find out why and all they would say is that I'm a "Category A" born in UK etc (but so are most of the medical students going there...) hmmm maybe they made a mistake me with me!

Did you do an ETA visa or applied direct to the embassay? You're so lucky btw lol
Reply 23

Hey, just wondering - how much did your Melbourne elective cost you in total? Do you know what the equivalent of the the e676 visa is nowadays haha?

Thanks!
Original post by GdotL
Hey, just wondering - how much did your Melbourne elective cost you in total? Do you know what the equivalent of the the e676 visa is nowadays haha?

Thanks!

I only got it 8 months ago - it's already gone?

I probably spent a lot more than other people - I reckon somewhere £4-5 grand!!
I am in the process of sorting out my elective for next yr and have been accepted to a hospital in Syndey. I have been looking at visas and believe the e676 has been replaced with visitors visa (subclass 600).
Hii
Thanks. I have an elective in UNSW in the month of Feb n UOS in March. According to the UNSW rules, the visa must allow me to engage in studies in Australia during my stay. will a visitor visa do or do I need a student visa?
I'm on my elective RIGHT NOW, in Melbourne. Literally typing to you from the hospital haha.

You need e676 - write all the correct details and see what they say - but in my case initally the automatic website thing says book an xray and bloods - but DON'T - just wait a few days and most likely it'll be approved without you needing the medical or paying anything!
Whoop!

Any other questions let me know

I need help. I'm going to NORTHERN HOSPITAL, EPPING, MELBOURNE for 4 weeks in June. What must I do for my accommodation and which visa do I need to apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending