The Student Room Group

If you could only have one child, would you prefer to have a boy or a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philistine
A boy.

Because girls are Nancies, and they can't drink liquor.

I'll drink you under the table any day son :colonhash:
Reply 101
A girl definitely because I wouldn't have to tear my hair out figuring out why the opposite sex(if I have a son) is acting that way.
I would prefer a girl. I personally think they are easier to raise as kids and also if you do have another kid after them, they are generally more helpful than a boy would be :colonhash: Plus whenever you take a boys nappy off they pee everywhere! :unimpressed:
Original post by PoGo HoPz
It honestly wouldn't matter to me what gender my future child turned out to be, I'd still love him/her all the same. :h:

Obvious boring answer....
Original post by The Epicurean
Plus whenever you take a boys nappy off they pee everywhere! :unimpressed:

:giggle: Before potty-training my boy I was queen of the 5-second nappy change.
Original post by JamalAhmed
Obvious boring answer....

Obvious boring person. :h:
Original post by Muscovite
Definitely a girl - so I can do all that protective father stuff

One of my reasons why.

I always thought that girls understand more and act more adult-ish. Yeah... I have nieces and they just act older than my nephews and little bro. And I would not have to deal the trauma boys bring (fights in school, fights with cousins, scaring the girls, fights with the sofa, fights with the food, fights with anything that are smaller than them really..... And also they cry more and at a younger age they don't feel shame).
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Obvious boring person. :h:

You don't know if I am boring or not. I just knew that somebody is going to say the boring "It doesn't matter who it is... ".
Original post by CJKay
Boy. Usually easier to deal with between 13-18. Also, who else is gonna carry on the family name?

My brother's sons are going to carry the family name.
Original post by Evangelica
I'll drink you under the table any day son :colonhash:

Any time, honey, any time. I'm right here.
Girl. I can't dress a boy up and teach him to do his hair/make up/paint his nails for him.
A girl. No contest.
boyboyboyboyboy

less hassle
I'd love to have a little girl but for practical reasons I'd choose a boy. Boys don't get preggers or have periods!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire C
A girl, simply because I can think of more female names that I like than male ones. I find a lot of children don't conform to stereotypes so I wouldn't be worried about girl or boy problems. I loved both Hotwheels and Barbie as a child.
Original post by philistine
Any time, honey, any time. I'm right here.

It's on :sexface:
Original post by KCosmo
Boy- I can understand them a lot easier. As long as they've got a bed, food and a decent internet connection they'll be happy enough :tongue:

An internet connection without Kleenex?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
I'd rather have a boy
Reply 118
A boy because I think that way we'd have a stronger bond :smile:
Reply 119
You should have made made four options which included the voter's gender in the poll OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending