Mechanics: 95/100
FP1: 97/100
Stats: 100/100
D1: 100/100

Physics +90% overall
Chemistry: +90%
German: +90%

Victimised then I guess :s-smilie:

I'm sorry about that. Hopefully, you'll get into Oxford and never look back :tongue:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mathslover1
Have just been rejected for Mathematics and Economics :-(

Same :/ I applied for business maths and statistics too though
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
Victimised then I guess :s-smilie:

I'm sorry about that. Hopefully, you'll get into Oxford and never look back :tongue:

yeah, really dissapointed! really wanted LSE!
Good luck to everyone else on here!
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
I got a B in D1...

tbh - no one cares about D1.

Besides, I was only asking this question to try and think of a reason for this guy's rejection. I was wondering whether he was borderline A in maths (which is a potential rejection reason) but clearly not :tongue:

*edit* the D1 statement is based on admissions team at Cambridge, and my personal beliefs :tongue: (I dropped more marks in D1 than all of my other modules added together)
(edited 11 years ago)
and no, I only applied for Mathematics with Econ at LSE!

They could've always made a mistake and sent a rejection to the wrong person. If I was you I'd email LSE and ask for feedback, you really need to know why you were rejected.
I applied for two courses at LSE and got rejected for one (economics and maths) so do you think that means they'd consider me/give me offer for the other one (business maths and stats)?
Original post by hackashaq
I applied for two courses at LSE and got rejected for one (economics and maths) so do you think that means they'd consider me/give me offer for the other one (business maths and stats)?

who knows :tongue: The admissions process is a mystery box :s

but best of luck though.
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
They could've always made a mistake and sent a rejection to the wrong person. If I was you I'd email LSE and ask for feedback, you really need to know why you were rejected.

Yeah, I have asked for feedback! does anyone know the email to contact?
I've emailed:

[email protected]
yeah, really dissapointed! really wanted LSE!
Good luck to everyone else on here!

What kind of extra stuff did you do? Did it relate to maths or economics?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by PeaceLoveKindness
What kind of extra stuff did you do? Did it relate to maths or economics?

yeah it did!

Maths:
Worked at the OU with the Chemistry Department to analyse data using Pure Mathematics (really nice intergration)
Attended a Summer School at Aston - Maths and Computer Science
Really read around the subject
Gold Crest Award

Economics Related:
Young Enterprise
Won a Team Economics Challenge at Cranfield University
Run my own little business (good fun + some extra money)
singed up to a site called bull bearings.co.uk (experience of buying+ selling shares)

Other:
Reading around the subject for both maths and economics
Bollywood Dancing
Intergenerational ICT project at a old care home
100 hours of volunteering = v100 award
and Prefect at school (the usual)
yeah it did!

Maths:
Worked at the OU with the Chemistry Department to analyse data using Pure Mathematics (really nice intergration)
Gold Crest Award

Economics Related:
Young Enterprise
singed up to a site called bull bearings.co.uk (experience of buying+ selling shares)

Other:
Bollywood Dancing

Really weird!! I think you should ask them what's up... It's weird that they would reject you especially this early

Reply 791
Original post by hackashaq

Do you mind telling me what your AS and predicted A2 grades are? I am getting worried:/

Original post by PeaceLoveKindness
Really weird!! I think you should ask them what's up... It's weird that they would reject you especially this early

yeah just waiting for a reply now!
Original post by toffee822
Do you mind telling me what your AS and predicted A2 grades are? I am getting worried:/

AAAAB at AS and A*A*AA predictions
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Username: Mr Inquisitive
Subject: Philosophy and Politics
GCSEs: Fair (i.e. above school average)
AS level subjects (grades): History (A), Economics (A), Politics (A), General Studies (A), Maths (B), English Lit (B)
A2 level subjects (achieved): History (A*), Economics (A), Politics (A), English Lit (B - resitting one module in gap year for A/A*), Maths grade pending (predicted A/A*).

Finally, someone who has applied for the same course as me! I haven't heard anything back from anywhere and its been over a month...starting to lose my nerve. Have you applied to PPE other places or PP everywhere? If PP everywhere have you heard anything (if you don't mind my asking :smile:)?
Thanks
Original post by LivPattison
Finally, someone who has applied for the same course as me! I haven't heard anything back from anywhere and its been over a month...starting to lose my nerve. Have you applied to PPE other places or PP everywhere? If PP everywhere have you heard anything (if you don't mind my asking :smile:)?
Thanks

Applied to PPE elsewhere, it's in my sig heh. How about you? x
yeah it did!

Maths:
Gold Crest Award

Economics Related:
Young Enterprise

Other:
Bollywood Dancing

How on earth did they reject u?!? It's insane, I have no chance!! Just had a little spack at my family reading everything u have done and wanting to cry :'( u do not by any means deserve to be rejected.

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Applied to PPE elsewhere, it's in my sig heh. How about you? x

I've applied to Politics and Philosophy everywhere, except King's College London where I've gone for Politics, Philosophy and Law (LLB). Amongst other things, worried that a B in Philosophy at AS ( incidently highest in the class and then I dropped it as it was my lowest grade) will let me down... Where else how you applied? x
Original post by Haesights
Oh god. If they're already rejecting people like mathslover1 I have no chance D;

I feel like this too. Please tell us if you find out why rejected you so early, mathslover, it seems crazy. :frown:

On the bright side, I don't feel too terrible as I never really thought I had much of a chance in the first place. Pessimism can pay off!
Original post by LivPattison
I've applied to Politics and Philosophy everywhere, except King's College London where I've gone for Politics, Philosophy and Law (LLB). Amongst other things, worried that a B in Philosophy at AS ( incidently highest in the class and then I dropped it as it was my lowest grade) will let me down... Where else how you applied? x

Ooh fair enough :smile: The B won't hinder you too badly, don't worry about it! What are your other grades, out of interest? I also applied to Oxford and UCL, you? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending