The Student Room Group

ACCA @ LSBF, BSc oxford brookes degree accepted by Universities for MBA?

Hi, I live in Vancouver and would be moving to Toronto due to circumstances. I will be done with my BBA in Accounting (Diploma). As you guys know, the transfer requirements are just to high in Toronto Universities; I might not be able to get in, in any. So the backup plan I have thought about is doing the ACCA from LSBF branch in Toronto. My questions are:
1) Would I be exempt from any papers because of my diploma?
2) The degree I will be awarded after the ACCA and submitting the thesis, from Oxford Brookes University- BSc in Applied Accounting. Will this degree be regarded as normal degree- because I will be applying for my masters degree at some reputable University some time after because i don't trust Oxford Brookes or the LSBF program enough (after reading the reviews here). I'm doing this because I have no other choice.
I need a normal job- most likely become CMA or CIMA (in UK - Certified Management Accountant).

Thank you
Reply 1
BUMP ..anyone, please? at least just tell me the degree i get after ACCA would be like a normal degree, i mean not just a paper. Would it be accepted by Graduate Universities if I intent to get my Masters degree?
Original post by waleedhk
BUMP ..anyone, please? at least just tell me the degree i get after ACCA would be like a normal degree, i mean not just a paper. Would it be accepted by Graduate Universities if I intent to get my Masters degree?

I don't actually know but, I'd guess it's yes. Considering you can do some masters with some years of experience alone and no previous degree. Though I doubt you could go to LSE, INSEAD etc.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending