The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure how it went to be honest...some things I said didn't seem like it went too well with the interviewers but others did. A word of advice is to make sure you know where to go when the main receptionist tells you - I ended up embarking on some crazy maze quest thingy where doors were locking behind me until I had to ask a student that happened to walk by had a card. I felt like a mouse in one of those scientific experiments! You basically go through the doors, turn back on yourself going left, and up the stairs to your right. If it ends up looking like a hospital then you've gone too far. The interviewers were nice, although spoke their mind sometimes, and all instructions were clear. The questions were pretty standard - I can't go into that any further because I signed something agreeing not to disclose and information.

So yeah, I kind of doubt I'll get an offer :s-smilie:. Good luck all!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by Harantony
I'm not sure how it went to be honest...some things I said didn't seem like it went too well with the interviewers but others did. A word of advice is to make sure you know where to go when the main receptionist tells you - I ended up embarking on some crazy maze quest thingy where doors were locking behind me until I had to ask a student that happened to walk by had a card. I felt like a mouse in one of those scientific experiments! You basically go through the doors, turn back on yourself going left, and up the stairs to your right. If it ends up looking like a hospital then you've gone too far. The interviewers were nice, although spoke their mind sometimes, and all instructions were clear. The questions were pretty standard - I can't go into that any further because I signed something agreeing not to disclose and information.

Hiii did you have any group activity? Were there not any multiple mini interviews.. Just 20 minutes long? How many interviewers did you have? So many questions lol! Don't worry, hopefully what you said was good enough to get u a place! And you always ALWAYS just remember the bad :smile:

I'm sure you did fine man :smile: Was it a 'grilling' kind of interview or more of a conversation? also, did you just get standard q's like why med, why king's etc?
Original post by Boom533
I'm sure you did fine man :smile: Was it a 'grilling' kind of interview or more of a conversation? also, did you just get standard q's like why med, why king's etc?

I didn't deem it to be a grilling at all. I think they just want to bring out the best in you, which I think was mentioned in the interview information pack (don't quote me on that though). Yes, questions were standard. You also get a questionnaire before the interview, which is also on the information pack. As I said, I can't go into too much detail about the questions or the process because that gives unfair ground for others and I signed an agreement :smile:
Original post by Rida94
Hiii did you have any group activity? Were there not any multiple mini interviews.. Just 20 minutes long? How many interviewers did you have? So many questions lol! Don't worry, hopefully what you said was good enough to get u a place! And you always ALWAYS just remember the bad :smile:
No groups, no MMIs, just the 20 minutes interview with a panel of 2. I had a man and a woman interviewing me but you might also get an observer that has no say in the outcome of the interview :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 185
No groups, no MMIs, just the 20 minutes interview with a panel of 2. I had a man and a woman interviewing me but you might also get an observer that has no say in the outcome of the interview :smile:

Ohh I see, thank youuu! Good luck, hope u hear back with a positive reply :smile:
I do have to say, however, that they tended to cut me off a lot. I wasn't exactly talking for a long time, but they would cut me off when I was getting to the good part so I felt kind of disappointed with my answer. Maybe they had heard enough? :s-smilie:

Thank you very much, Rida94! Do give me a shout if you need any more help.
I do have to say, however, that they tended to cut me off a lot. I wasn't exactly talking for a long time, but they would cut me off when I was getting to the good part so I felt kind of disappointed with my answer. Maybe they had heard enough? :s-smilie:

Don't worry about it too much - I'm sure you did great :tongue: Maybe they realized you had good answers to those questions and wanted to spend time trying to challenge you in some way - just a suggestion :dontknow:
Today last year I had my interview! This year i've heard nothing :frown:
Reply 189
Just checked my portal and I've got an interview early December :smile:
Original post by aaygup
Just checked my portal and I've got an interview early December :smile:

Congratulations! What were your GCSES and UKCAT like if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 191
Original post by blueeyedgirl
Congratulations! What were your GCSES and UKCAT like if you dont mind me asking?

Thank you! 810 average, 9 A*s
Original post by aaygup
Thank you! 810 average, 9 A*s

Wow!! Very well deserved haha good luck!
Reply 193
Original post by blueeyedgirl
Wow!! Very well deserved haha good luck!

Thanks a lot. I need to start prepping - will let you know how it goes
Reply 194
Hey guys, got an interview for kings woop.

Was just wondering if you require references from all your work experiences? I know you need qualification certificates but references is a different story.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 195

You must have had lots to say which I'm sure they realised and appreciated. I'm so scared of going on and on.. i literally get verbal diarrhea when im nervous or speaking to new people haha :s-smilie: You're welcome! Haha this is really stupid actually but who initiated the hand shake? :tongue:
Original post by Rida94
You must have had lots to say which I'm sure they realised and appreciated. I'm so scared of going on and on.. i literally get verbal diarrhea when im nervous or speaking to new people haha :s-smilie: You're welcome! Haha this is really stupid actually but who initiated the hand shake? :tongue:

They both went for the handshake immediately, which was a relief. When leaving, I reached out my hand to shake the first interviewer and the other interviewer knew what was coming so he had his hand out already :smile:
Reply 197
Do you all think they're now interviewing in the order of the best ukcat score then? :smile:
Original post by oli_G
Do you all think they're now interviewing in the order of the best ukcat score then? :smile:

Kings use a sliding scale between GCSE's and UKCAT when offering interviews. I had a UKCAT of 605 last year and had an interview on the 15/11 whereas I know that people with UKCAT's of 700+ hadn't heard anything! It's so frustrating waiting! This year my UKCAT was 747.5 average and i've heard nothinggggg :frown:
Reply 199
Original post by EllaBella<3
Kings use a sliding scale between GCSE's and UKCAT when offering interviews. I had a UKCAT of 605 last year and had an interview on the 15/11 whereas I know that people with UKCAT's of 700+ hadn't heard anything! It's so frustrating waiting! This year my UKCAT was 747.5 average and i've heard nothinggggg :frown:

I know, but it seems like people with very high ukcat scores are starting to get interviews now whereas before it was just people with all a*s (or near enough all a*s). I know they use a 'sliding scale' but I think that only really applies to people on the ends of the spectrum (ie bad gcses, great ukcat and great gcses but bad ukcat).

Quick Reply

Latest