Original post by KaurPrincess
i got an offer!!!
so happy =)

Brilliant! Well done :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by master y
WOW well done!! Any tips for interview??

hmm... apart from extra reading and prep, on the day i think it comes down to having a clear head and not being too nervous/awkward. i think being slightly nervous or informal may actually be a good thing, because it is better to be genuine than to be overly formal/over prepared etc, and you're more likely to feel relaxed.
at least that's what it seemed like to me...
Does anyone know how many people get interviews, and how many of those get offers? If you get interviewed, are you likely to get an offer or not?
Reply 383
Well my interviews tomorw at kings :biggrin: wish me luck
Original post by 7nam
Well my interviews tomorw at kings :biggrin: wish me luck

how are you feeling? what time's yours?
Reply 385
Wondering if anyone knew where medical students normally stay at kings? As in, which halls of residence? Or colleges?
Cheers in advance :biggrin:
Reply 386
Original post by jrobo
Wondering if anyone knew where medical students normally stay at kings? As in, which halls of residence? Or colleges?

they showed us wolfson on the open day, theres another one which is ensuite but a bit further away from guys compared to wolfson and more expensive obv.
Reply 387
How long is it taking kings to give out offers/rejections post interview? I'm hearing anything from 3 days to 4 weeks?
Kings has answered me on the myapplication portal and confirmed that, "for this year application cycle, a competitive UKCAT score was 695."

They score all the parts of applicants' applications and give interviews in that order until a fixed amount of offers has been made. Hence why some people are rejected pre-interview at the end of the cycle.
Reply 389
So so desperate to hear back from kings!!!

Anyone know if they've stopped giving out interviews for now cos of chrimbo and all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
Original post by kolatytler
Kings has answered me on the myapplication portal and confirmed that, "for this year application cycle, a competitive UKCAT score was 695."

They score all the parts of applicants' applications and give interviews in that order until a fixed amount of offers has been made. Hence why some people are rejected pre-interview at the end of the cycle.

What is their definition of competitive? :p: I got 695 on the dot with GCSE results that aren't stellar :p:
Original post by Revent
What is their definition of competitive? :p: I got 695 on the dot with GCSE results that aren't stellar :p:
I wrote them back and asked for clarifications , i asked for what percentage does the ukcat count in their scoring system and what can really make it up for a not-so-competitive score...i think they'll reject me 'cause i'm being too disturbing lol
Reply 392
Original post by kolatytler
I wrote them back and asked for clarifications , i asked for what percentage does the ukcat count in their scoring system and what can really make it up for a not-so-competitive score...i think they'll reject me 'cause i'm being too disturbing lol

Imagine what they'll do to me! :lol:
I'm really sorry to hear that :'( How did you mess up the interview, was it just the questions or the way you answered?

At least you have your other choices, it's not the end of the world!! :redface:

A few of my answers didn't seem to sit well with the interviewers and I really don't think I was on form. It was just one of those days.
I just got rejected from King's after my interview yesterday (wow, they must have been really keen to get rid of me...). I don't really know where it went wrong, seeing as I thought the interview was much better in comparison to my disaster at Cambridge a few weeks ago, and I don't think my grades or UKCAT would have brought me down. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough on some points or something?

Anyways, I have sent a message to King's asking for feedback - does anyone know whether it is likely that I will get feedback?
Original post by jrobo

Look online mate :smile: or the student room kings page. They have seven ish halls. Great Dover street is closest to the guys campus an the rest are further away.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Spheniscidae
I just got rejected from King's after my interview yesterday (wow, they must have been really keen to get rid of me...). I don't really know where it went wrong, seeing as I thought the interview was much better in comparison to my disaster at Cambridge a few weeks ago, and I don't think my grades or UKCAT would have brought me down. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly enough on some points or something?

Anyways, I have sent a message to King's asking for feedback - does anyone know whether it is likely that I will get feedback?

when did you find out? I'm sorry to hear this. (your interview was on tuesday?)
Anyone know when they send out offers for those who had interviews this week? I heard tomorrow, but surely it depends on when the admissions staff have their holidays? Thanks
Reply 398
how are you feeling? what time's yours?

Hey sorry for the late reply! Mine was at 3.00pm and honestly I wasn't that nervous. I thought my best bet would be to just got in there and act naturally as I do cus I didn't want to sound to rehearsed. What time was yours?
Anyone hear anything today? No-one will hear now until 2nd jan!!! Merry X-mas every1.

Quick Reply

Latest