The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP. I don't know what to do with these results

In my As level exams I got a

D in economics
C in Psychology
B in geography

I really don't know what I can do in University. I wanted to do BA economics but I don't think I can do it with those results.. please give me some advice on what I can look forward to.
Reply 1
First of all, don't worry. There're plenty of opportunities to get those grades back. You can do this either by retaking exams you need to in January alongside your A2 work, or by retaking the year. Obviously, this is going to be very tricky. It will require a lot of hard work and motivation, but if you have your eyes set on a target it should be achievable. However, you really do need to speak to your teachers. Their predicted grades and references are vital to whether universities will consider your application. If they believe you are capable of achieving top grades with hard work, then ask them for high predictions. However, it may be worth waiting till you've finished your A-levels before applying. Economics is a particularly competitive course, so low AS grades and low predictions may not put you in a competitive position. Actually getting the A2 grades will take the poor AS results and possible predictions out of the equation completely. Go away and think long and hard about what you want to do. At the moment, you're probably full of emotion from the day, and you don't want that to cloud you into making a decision you will regret in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest