Oxford

Oxford postgraduate applicants 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Frech
Hi,

Any news about the law department ?

Good luck to everyone !

Which programme did you apply to? I applied to the DPhil in Law.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 781
I applied to the dphil in law too and I am an international student !
Original post by Tweedy
Same here! It was a fleeting moment of excitement until I pressed 'open'.
Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Why didn't I get one?!

*overthinks this*
Reply 783
Just got accepted to the MPhil Economics! Delighted!!

Those of you with a college place, how long did it take after your offer?
Reply 784
Original post by turdus
Just got accepted to the MPhil Economics! Delighted!!

Those of you with a college place, how long did it take after your offer?

waaaaaah I am still suffering in deepest grief. But congrats :biggrin: When did the email popup?
Reply 785
Original post by Frech
I applied to the dphil in law too and I am an international student !

Ah finally, I found someone else who applied! Have you applied previously? I haven't, but I really doubt we'll hear anything for another couple of weeks yet.
Reply 786
Original post by millyb60
Ah finally, I found someone else who applied! Have you applied previously? I haven't, but I really doubt we'll hear anything for another couple of weeks yet.

I have never applied in a UK university before. I am from the Sorbonne in Paris and I think that last year (I saw it on the grad cafe) somebody had a rejection the 14th of march. So I hope that we'll have a mail next week :smile:.
Reply 787
Original post by Frech
I have never applied in a UK university before. I am from the Sorbonne in Paris and I think that last year (I saw it on the grad cafe) somebody had a rejection the 14th of march. So I hope that we'll have a mail next week :smile:.

Yes I saw that on gradcafe too. From what I know of the law department, they really do stick to the mid-end of March release date so guess we're waiting!
Reply 788
Yes I saw that on gradcafe too. From what I know of the law department, they really do stick to the mid-end of March release date so guess we're waiting!

Yes !

What would you like to study more specifically at Oxford ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 789
Any one heard from the geography dept (DPhil)???
Reply 790
Original post by e1s
waaaaaah I am still suffering in deepest grief. But congrats :biggrin: When did the email popup?

Thanks -- I got the email about five hours ago. Good luck buddy!
So, these are the emails I got this morning...

Screen Shot 2013-03-08 at 9.34.56 AM.png

AND IT'S A DAMN PROMOTIONAL EMAIL ABOUT VIRTUAL OPEN DAYS! ARGHHHHH! >.<

Just vicious. From Cambridge I got an email about a month before the reply which was from "Cambridge History Degree Committee Office". It was just a circular about the funding guide. Don't they realise it makes us jump a mile?!
Original post by ethey
I've heard very good things about both programs. What area are you interested in?
Syntax, Semantics and Pragmatics I'd be grateful if you could share some insights. I haven't found much of information outside the depts' websites and I could really use some info to help me pick the right one :smile:
Reply 793
Eek! Congrats to you guys who heard today. Has anyone else applied for the MSt in Modern Languages?
Reply 794
Original post by psychedelicious
I think I actually signed up for this some time ago.

That sounds right, I think. I wouldn't worry if you don't have one, History. :smile:
Original post by HistoryHistory
Why didn't I get one?!

*overthinks this*

Haha :tongue: I didn't either, I wouldn't worry too much. Unless perhaps they saw your earlier post about how Cambridge is better and rejected you on principle...
Hi -

Does anyone know when to expect to hear anything about AHRC funding for History (Mphil/Dphil)?

And, if I don't hear anything in the next couple of weeks would that mean I have not been nominated for the next stage?

Thanks for the help!
Reply 797
Original post by Frech
Yes !

What would you like to study more specifically at Oxford ?

I'll private message you so as not to spam the thread with things only really relevant to us :smile:
Does anyone know if they give out offers/rejections over the weekend? :biggrin:
Original post by Filipinoecon
Does anyone know if they give out offers/rejections over the weekend? :biggrin:

I was wondering the same thing! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending