The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford postgraduate applicants 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tfontaine2190
Whoa that's so sweet! Congrats!

Makes me wanna give christ church a wittle phone call...

They normally take about a month after the university offer before they reply to you from chch.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 1781
Original post by millyb60
Congrats! :smile:

Sorry to ask all the mundane questions but....

Which course?
Did you specify a college preference?
How long did they take to tell you?
Was it by email or post?
Did you get funding information in your college offer?

Thank you! :smile:

Hi, thanks!!!! :smile:

It was the MSc Philosophy of Physics, and yes, I had Balliol as my first choice. I got the offer on the March 8 and then two days ago the college decision. Both of them were by Email with the letter attached as pdf.
No funding information :frown: I believe since I didn't get the Clarendon, I will have to see whether and how I can pay for the course...

Hope that helped. Good luck to you!
Reply 1782
Original post by Windgust
Hi, thanks!!!! :smile:

It was the MSc Philosophy of Physics, and yes, I had Balliol as my first choice. I got the offer on the March 8 and then two days ago the college decision. Both of them were by Email with the letter attached as pdf.
No funding information :frown: I believe since I didn't get the Clarendon, I will have to see whether and how I can pay for the course...

Hope that helped. Good luck to you!

No fair :frown: I also got my offer on March 8 and I had Balliol as my first choice but I haven't heard a peep.
Original post by tfontaine2190
Whoa that's so sweet! Congrats!

Makes me wanna give christ church a wittle phone call...

Yup, I'm waiting on ChCh too! I received an email with an informal offer on 27 Feb and my formal offer on 13 March, so it's either been 5 weeks or 3 weeks for me, depending on when they passed my papers on.
Original post by DeMoomin
I went to visit the city of Oxford today and poked my nose in at St Antony's College, my first choice. Someone at the reception was kind enough to show me and my parents around the place. It's an eclectic mish-mash of ugly and strange buildings. But I do like the general atmosphere, which seems to be a lot more casual than the other colleges I saw. And it is the most internationalised one, which is a massive plus for me.

Even better was when the lady who showed us around kindly went to the admissions lot and was able to informally confirm that I'd be offered a place there! Hurrah! So now all the pieces have fallen together, it's panic time. Because now I have to actually pass my Masters with a 'Distinction' to get in... :afraid:

I love the idea of actually turning up at the gates and demanding an answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1785
So, checked my inbox when I got up this morning (afternoon, who am I kidding?) to find that I've been accepted onto the MSt in Modern Languages!

Which is nice.

They also seem not to have made me any academic conditions. Which is even nicer, frankly, since the idea of having to get a first off the back of the essays I'm doing now was disturbing...
Reply 1786
Original post by turdus
No fair :frown: I also got my offer on March 8 and I had Balliol as my first choice but I haven't heard a peep.

Have you accepted your offer? I think they only forward it to the college once you've formally accepted it...
Reply 1787
Original post by Tweedy
So, checked my inbox when I got up this morning (afternoon, who am I kidding?) to find that I've been accepted onto the MSt in Modern Languages!

Which is nice.

They also seem not to have made me any academic conditions. Which is even nicer, frankly, since the idea of having to get a first off the back of the essays I'm doing now was disturbing...

Wooohoooo! Congratulations!!!
Original post by Tweedy

Which is nice.

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by gloriousgoogoo
I was wondering, would people who received funding, especially Clarendon, mind giving a brief overview of what their CV/grades/accomplishments look like? Just for a bit of closure, because I have no idea where I stand amongst other applicants/offer holders so it would be nice to know whether I just missed out on funding or whether I had my head in the clouds thinking I had a chance at a scholarship! It could also be helpful in terms of expecting scholarships in the future :smile:

hey, i sent you a private msg :smile:
Original post by Tweedy

Which is nice.

Hurrah! Well done. So the Oxford Easter holidays (Eastermas?) must be over.
Reply 1791
Have you accepted your offer? I think they only forward it to the college once you've formally accepted it...

Are you sure about that? It doesn't say anything like that in my offer letter and that's not how it happened for Cambridge.
Got acceptance from my priority college today ( Brasenose). :smile:

Moreover, I would really appreciate if somebody who has received a nomination from Oxford for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship this year, would let me know. So I can start moving on to other study options.. :confused:
Original post by khushbakhtejaz
Got acceptance from my priority college today ( Brasenose). :smile:

Moreover, I would really appreciate if somebody who has received a nomination from Oxford for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship this year, would let me know. So I can start moving on to other study options.. :confused:

Nice work man!

Nope, I don't think that's how it works. I still haven't accepted my offer and I got my college place a week after I was sent my offer. I really don't think there's any way of predicting when you'll hear, or who you'll hear from, unfortunately!
Reply 1795
The college/funding process is such an enigma. It seems that the normal process is simply throwing an application in and waiting to see if something comes back. It would be so much easier if it was more transparent - ie, knowing if your application is even shortlisted for funding you're technically eligible for.

I've yet to hear anything about a college and received my DPhil offer on March 11th - University College was my preference though (for no good reason other than they had funding sources I was eligible for).
Reply 1796
Original post by SorryCharlie
Congrats to you! I'm hoping to join you in St. Antony's. Did she make any mention of when they'll be sending out official offers by email (or post?)?

She told me they were going through the DPhil applications even as we were speaking. She added that we could expect to hear official answers via email from next week. So not long to go!
All this talk of colleges is making me want to hassle Worcester!
Reply 1798
Has anyone had an offer from Magdalen yet? I got (and accepted) my department offer on 26th Feb, but still nothing... Thanks!
Reply 1799
Original post by jdh7
The college/funding process is such an enigma. It seems that the normal process is simply throwing an application in and waiting to see if something comes back. It would be so much easier if it was more transparent - ie, knowing if your application is even shortlisted for funding you're technically eligible for.

I've yet to hear anything about a college and received my DPhil offer on March 11th - University College was my preference though (for no good reason other than they had funding sources I was eligible for).

I emailed Univ about my college place and they replied that the deadline is still a few weeks away, and that they treat the deadline more as a guideline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending