The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
i got mine tomorow, im sooooooo scared, panicing too much
I passed today with two minors :woo: :woo:
Two minors :-D
stickman110
I passed today first time. I'm so over the moon. Man this feeling is so amazing. Although the experience was so horrible. First i couldn't read the car number plate and he told me to read 4 different cars and i still couldn't do it, so i panicked big time. and then my instructor came out and he was like what the hell is going on. and i was having a panic attack and nearly started crying and my instructor was like like it's gonna be ok. (i knew i should've got glasses). And then the examiner went in and got a tape measurer and i could finally read the number plate from exactly 20 feet. But I was still panicking, and then the first thing he asked me to do was bay parking and i'm sooo not good at it and i stalled 3 times, yep that's right 3 TIMES. I was sooo nervous. and then when i was done parking the car wasn't straight, so he asked me if i'm satisfied and i said no and moved forward and parked again and again this time it was so close to the right hand line. and he asked me again if i was satisfied, and i said yeh, and then he got out of the car to check and luckily i was just in. Oh there's more. About 5 minutes into it, i missed the priority board and stopped just after the giveway line, and at this point i knew for a fact i failed. I think the examiner knew how nervous i was so he started talking to me about general things like what i do and stuff, and that calmed me down a bit. other than that my corner reverse was perfect and everything else went smoothly, except for once when i turned left with 3rd gear. and then at the end, when we got to the test centre, he started counting off the sheet and i was really scared, cos i was pretty sure i failed. And i started crying when he told me i've passed. i was so shocked. and then my instructor came out and i gave him a thumbs up and he came running. Man i'm gonna miss him soooo much. best instructor everrrr.

anyway thanks guys for sharing your experiences and making this thread. reading it made me feel really confident. thanks.

This is so ridiculars, had it been any other examiner, you'd been failed I guess. It sounds so random to me. Yes I am jealous but I can't help by thinking that the whole thing is just a bit unfair......
hey guys i passed today, it was so weird. I really thought i had failed, i actually hit the kerb in my paralell park, and pssed with 6 minors, it was my third time.

yay i cant believe itttt!! xx
Reply 1985
Hey I passed on Wednesday with 10 minors but a pass is a pass. Was my second time, soo happy!
Passed today, 2 minors. Feel so freeee and I am actually going to have money now as I dont have spend it on lessons. :biggrin:
Passed today. 8 minors! YES.
Reply 1988
I passed last November (19th) 0840 sitting, first time. 1 Minor!! :biggrin:
Reply 1989
JINGLES2009
This is so ridiculars, had it been any other examiner, you'd been failed I guess. It sounds so random to me. Yes I am jealous but I can't help by thinking that the whole thing is just a bit unfair......

I agree.
you would've failed straight away for not being able to read the number plates.
Some people are just more fortunate I guess :biggrin:
Passed today, first time. 8m.
I've just passed mine :biggrin: first time and only two minors :smile:
Reply 1992
First time, four minors :smile:
Reply 1993
Second time today, 2 minors. woo!
Weheyyy!!!

Passed a couple of weeks ago now, although the initial high of being able to drive is over now it's great to be able to go out and about without relying on other people or public transport to get me there :biggrin:
Yayyy 3rd time lucky 5 minors :biggrin:
Passed first time today, 6 minors!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Passed first time, 4 minors.
Reply 1998
First time, 8 minors, and had an absolute shocker on the day!
The instructor told me I'd failed, then said he was joking and that I'd passed :\
Reply 1999
Samj91
First time, 8 minors, and had an absolute shocker on the day!
The instructor told me I'd failed, then said he was joking and that I'd passed :\

Hah that's pretty harsh, especially as you got 8 minors so its not like you certainly had passed or anything!

Latest

Trending

Trending