The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just passed my driving test first time about half an hour ago!
Somehow I managed to get 12 minors but when I've been doing mocks I've only been getting like 2 or three :s-smilie: guess it was just nerves
So so so happy and relieved and well done to everyone else who has passed their test!
Original post by Validation1
Passed my test first time yesterday at Morden, with three minors. :biggrin:
Because I had done only two hour lessons throughout the learning phase, the test just seemed to fly over!

Original post by Aero Zeppelin
I just passed my driving test first time about half an hour ago!
Somehow I managed to get 12 minors but when I've been doing mocks I've only been getting like 2 or three :s-smilie: guess it was just nerves
So so so happy and relieved and well done to everyone else who has passed their test!

Congratulations guys :biggrin:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Congratulations guys :biggrin:

Thanks, Tinkerbell! And congratulations to everybody else :biggrin:
Original post by Samuel_Murray
Just passed with 4 minors.

Can drive my Suzuki Wagon R+ now... better know as... "THE SHAGGIN' WAGON"

good luck with the aids you'll get from anyone willing to set foot in in
I passed! it was my 6th attempt :eek:! I passed with two minors!
Congrats! So happy for you :biggrin:
I passed my test first time today with 6 minors, it literally is the best feeling you'll have for a long time knowing that you've passed your test. I didn't know what to expect in the test, although I had 2 mock tests before the actual one and failed both of them. At the beginning of the test I had to Reverse Bay Park and my leg on the clutch was literally bouncing up and down I was that nervous. But once you ease in to the lesson, it gets easier. Just one tip, keep concentrated on road signs, traffic lights, and what is going on in front of you:smile:
Original post by Connor800
I passed my test first time today with 6 minors, it literally is the best feeling you'll have for a long time knowing that you've passed your test. I didn't know what to expect in the test, although I had 2 mock tests before the actual one and failed both of them. At the beginning of the test I had to Reverse Bay Park and my leg on the clutch was literally bouncing up and down I was that nervous. But once you ease in to the lesson, it gets easier. Just one tip, keep concentrated on road signs, traffic lights, and what is going on in front of you:smile:

Congrats :smile:
Passed my test 2nd time with 9 minors ( 1st time got 3) at Southampton Forest Hills! Best way to start Easter, especially with dissertation looming!
Original post by S_Adriaan
I passed! it was my 6th attempt :eek:! I passed with two minors!

Congratulations!! It feels so great to finally get it doesn't it! I passed on my 6th attempt too :smile:
so i dont always do this but here it is
i have been reading this thread for about 2 months
i failed 3 times, but i continued to read this thread knowing that if others can do it , I CAN ALSO DO IT
1st fail: got 9 total - 2 serious 7 minors - novermber 2014- 1 serious was for meeting trafic, 2 was at the roundabout
2nd fail: got 4 total - 3 monors , 1 serious - 04/03/15- serious was for not observation at the roundabout, not giving wayto the car coming from the right .
3rd fail : got 3 total - 2 minors , 1 serious /dengerious - 17/03/15- serious for observation at the junction, i got obstracted and didnot see a car coming from the left ,

SOOOO ON 31/03/15 , I SAID TO my self i cando this, and yes
i PASSED 4 TH TIME WITH 8 MINORS

NOW TIME FOR CAR SHOPPING --- BUT THE DAM INSURANCE IS £2800, - ABOUT £200- but i need to drive and i am welling to pay for this much.

many thanks for everyone giving advice and sharing their stories
it feels good knowing that you a not the only one failing.
BTW- I PASSED AT WANSTED TEST CENTER- one of the centers that has the lowest pass rates in the whole of LONDON.

KEEP DRIVING AND DON'T GIVE UP
THOSE LOOKING FOR CANCELLATION; the best time is 6-7 in the morning - thats how i managed to get 3 test in 1 month.
Depends on your test centre. Mine was 2 months and it was super hard to find cancellations

:colondollar:
check for cancellation btwn 6-7am - i got 3 test days in 1 month :colone:
passed the 4th time on 31/03 :colone::colondollar:
Original post by pokello
so i dont always do this but here it is
i have been reading this thread for about 2 months
i failed 3 times, but i continued to read this thread knowing that if others can do it , I CAN ALSO DO IT
1st fail: got 9 total - 2 serious 7 minors - novermber 2014- 1 serious was for meeting trafic, 2 was at the roundabout
2nd fail: got 4 total - 3 monors , 1 serious - 04/03/15- serious was for not observation at the roundabout, not giving wayto the car coming from the right .
3rd fail : got 3 total - 2 minors , 1 serious /dengerious - 17/03/15- serious for observation at the junction, i got obstracted and didnot see a car coming from the left ,

SOOOO ON 31/03/15 , I SAID TO my self i cando this, and yes
i PASSED 4 TH TIME WITH 8 MINORS

NOW TIME FOR CAR SHOPPING --- BUT THE DAM INSURANCE IS £2800, - ABOUT £200- but i need to drive and i am welling to pay for this much.

many thanks for everyone giving advice and sharing their stories
it feels good knowing that you a not the only one failing.
BTW- I PASSED AT WANSTED TEST CENTER- one of the centers that has the lowest pass rates in the whole of LONDON.

KEEP DRIVING AND DON'T GIVE UP
THOSE LOOKING FOR CANCELLATION; the best time is 6-7 in the morning - thats how i managed to get 3 test in 1 month.

Congrats on passing!

I also live In London and get similar quotes in here, but if I use my uni address, it takes off about 1.5k off the price. Do you have family or trusted friends outside London? open a bank account in that address and your insurance will drop a lot.

Also, add your parents/ older family members as second drivers, this isn't illegal and usually reduces the price at least a little.
Original post by pokello
:colondollar:
check for cancellation btwn 6-7am - i got 3 test days in 1 month :colone:
passed the 4th time on 31/03 :colone::colondollar:

I passed back in February but thanks :tongue: You are so lucky to find tests really quickly!

Congrats on passing though :biggrin:
Just passed :smile:

Quick shout out to the dickhead in the silver BMW who decided to pull out in front of me and the decide to give me the finger.
Original post by Nicholas Nelson
Just passed :smile:

Quick shout out to the dickhead in the silver BMW who decided to pull out in front of me and the decide to give me the finger.

Congrats! :smile:
Congrats! :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Just passed my test today with 6 minors.
Not the most graceful test..
Forgot to look right when pulling out.
Stalled on a hill, handbreak wasn't on properly...nightmare

Was sure I failed...
Got to the test centre and he handed me certifcate and I basically started crying. :colondollar:
Original post by mcgreevy1993
Just passed my test today with 6 minors.
Not the most graceful test..
Forgot to look right when pulling out.
Stalled on a hill, handbreak wasn't on properly...nightmare

Was sure I failed...
Got to the test centre and he handed me certifcate and I basically started crying. :colondollar:

CONGRATS! :biggrin: Don't worry, I started crying when I passed too lmao
Test number 4 on Thursday. I WILL PASS. Send your drivers luck my way please everyone. Crawley is such a bitch to pass in!

Latest

Trending

Trending