The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raconner
Passed today with only 3 minors!

2nd time

Good job man, wish i pass too :/ What was it like? What time did you do it? how did the examiner behave to you? what maneuver did you get?
Original post by Rakesh18
Good job man, wish i pass too :/ What was it like? What time did you do it? how did the examiner behave to you? what maneuver did you get?

I was very nervous at the start and nearly stalled the car. The examiner didn't say anything unless it was directions, eg turn right on the next road. I did the parallel park. Goodluck.
I was very nervous at the start and nearly stalled the car. The examiner didn't say anything unless it was directions, eg turn right on the next road. I did the parallel park. Goodluck.

I passed guys, with 10 minors, cant wait to go out on a drive tonight. FINALLY MADE THIS THREAD, never throught id make it, keep trying guys and i promise youll do it.
Original post by Rakesh18
I passed guys, with 10 minors, cant wait to go out on a drive tonight. FINALLY MADE THIS THREAD, never throught id make it, keep trying guys and i promise youll do it.

Well done! :biggrin:

What car do you want to get?
Well done! :biggrin:

What car do you want to get?

Already have one, toyota rav 4 gx 98
Had my driving test this morning at 8:10am. I PASSED. Over the moon and so happy.
It feels so weird but fun that I can drive where I want on my own now :smile::redface:
I took my second test today and I passed!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
First time was a disaster. 10 minors, 1 serious (came out of my lane and cut someone up) and 1 dangerous (pulled out of roundabout when a car was coming round)
I had awful lessons yesterday and this morning but I passed today with 4 minors!!! :biggrin:
So happy! Best. Feeling. Ever!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megaannxo
Had my driving test this morning at 8:10am. I PASSED. Over the moon and so happy.
It feels so weird but fun that I can drive where I want on my own now :smile::redface:

Well done!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally passed my test!! Now to get used to my car after being in a brand new 1.6L diesel Ford Fiesta to a 1.0L petrol 2007 petrol
Original post by LeaX
Finally passed my test!! Now to get used to my car after being in a brand new 1.6L diesel Ford Fiesta to a 1.0L petrol 2007 petrol

congrats!

The clutch takes more time to get used to in a petrol than a diesel. I went from a 1.6 Citroen ds3 diesel to a 1.4 petrol and I was surprised at the difference
Original post by itssimplyme
After passing 2 years ago, got my first car for Christmas :teehee: She's a white Ford Fiesta :love:

About time!

See yeh at dogging sesh tuesday! x
I ****en did it!

Same test guy as last time but this time he didn't want to purposefully fail me so the test was ridiculously easy. No emergency stops, no 4th exit on a 3 lane roundabout, no merging at 70MPH.

So happy.
i have my driving test tomorrow morning but i am really nervous because i have lost my paper counterpart and the theory test certificate! what should i do?
i have my driving test tomorrow morning but my biggest worries are that i have lost both my paper counterpart and the theory test certificate! what should i do??
Original post by marwatawofi
i have my driving test tomorrow morning but my biggest worries are that i have lost both my paper counterpart and the theory test certificate! what should i do??

You don't need your paper counterpart anymore if you have a photo card license

Also in my tests they never checked my theory pass certificate. I think they assume you have passed it cause otherwise you wouldn't be able to book your practical test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeirdLittleO
You don't need your paper counterpart anymore if you have a photo card license

Also in my tests they never checked my theory pass certificate. I think they assume you have passed it cause otherwise you wouldn't be able to book your practical test

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thank you they didn't ask for anything except the photocard.

And I passed!
Original post by marwatawofi
Yeah thank you they didn't ask for anything except the photocard.

And I passed!

Woohoo well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally passed today - with no minors as well! Such a relief as I've had such a ridiculous time trying to learn! Been learning on and off for 4 years and took a test year and a half ago..which I failed with 1 major. Then because of lack of time/no money I never tried again after that and stopped having lessons. Suddenly realised a month a go my theory expires AGAIN next week haha, and thus I frantically started trying to find an instructor who could take me on last minute! Luckily I did, managed to squeeze in 8 hrs of lessons and I passed this morning!

Biggest relief knowing I won't have to take that theory test for a third time lol
I have my test booked at the start of May. Considering you've all passed, do you have any tips for me? For the test and for the time leading up to the test date :smile:

Much appreciated!
Been watching this thread with some envy for a while .. finally managed to join it! Thought i'd post my own experience so it could help others just like so many posts above helped me! 2nd time but the wait in-between tests made it feel so long. The test itself started off horrible examiner was friendly enough and asked me to do a simple bay park in the test center which i had just done. Of course i ended up outside, he gave me another shot ended up outside again! at this point i was mentally moving money across my accounts to pay for a retake.. out of nowhere he tells me to calm down and give me one last shot , i'm stunned but i manage to get it in by going all the way out and reversing in a straight line until the ref point. So at this point we've spent 15 mins in the test centre everyone else who started has left so i'm just driving with the thought of having to retake the test. Surprisingly it was a good drive i managed to come out on top with all the meetings/roundabouts/junctions etc.. we get back and while hes doing the breakdown i get the dreaded feeling that i've failed again, so he says the only reason i can't fail you is because during the drive you didn't put a foot wrong and drove almost perfect , just goes to show regardless of what happens you can salvage it at any time... pretty long post but if it helps just one person that's fine.... Oh and **** bay parking :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending