The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Olibert
I passed first time, 4 minors :biggrin:

Got home, took my L plates off my car, got in the car, reversed off the driveway annnnndddddd.............................

My brakes died.

Pulled back onto the driveway, AA came, took the car away and now i can't drive anywhere :frown:

Aww, gutting :frown:

But well done, first time and only 4 minors is a fab result!
Reply 1381
Yellow Truck
That's a pro pass well done!

Thankyou! :smile: Been a week and I'm still chuffed to pieces haha, been a long time coming!
Yellow Truck
better than crashing:smile:

Aye, 'tis true. Could gave happened while i was actually driving somewhere. Kind of scary to think about
Olibert
I passed first time, 4 minors :biggrin:

4 minors is where it's at.:cool:
Reply 1384
First time, 3 minors over here! :biggrin:
Although, the first time that I tried to reverse out of my drive, I put it in forward gear by mistake, and almost hit the wall :p:
Reply 1385
ashiraf
wel just got back from my test 15mins ago it was at 16:30 last of the day, and 900 odd quid give or take.. 7tests later i PASSED with 7 minours, so happy its finally over i had the nicestt examiner who happened to have a pupil of my intstructor an hour later and she passed so i fancied my chances.

I was nervous during the lesson before the test and kept making mistakes, but when test came was alright mostly coz the examiner was chatty although that distracted me abit but yeah its finally over not as happy as thought would be though but instructor said will sink in nad yeah for all that are still trying dont give up, after you pass allthem times you have failed will seem insignificant, i failed 6 times and thought would never do it but done it... just told my mum and shes throwing party :redface: and yeah in a way glad failed all them times although was costly but it made me better driver, would like thank everyone on here for their advice well appreciated.

Well done mate!

Been following you in the 'Ive failed...' thread.

Im glad you've passed it finally! Enjoy driving.
Does anyone else have their test tommorow? Argh, im bricking it now :frown:
PASSED TODAY :biggrin: 1st time, 7 minors! Thought I had failed as practically mounted a kerb at one point. Ah well :smile:
Well done! ^

I had my first lesson yesterday, was great. :biggrin:

I want to be passed within 20 hours. :yy:
Got my test a week today. :frown:
Passed first time this morning with seven minors! Can't believe it; really thought I'd blown it a couple of times!
Congratulations The_Optimist! Feels great doesn't it!

And good luck Jodieness, you'll be fine! If you're like me, now if the time to make all your mistakes, then you'll be fine in the actual test! :smile:
tinkerbellejess

And good luck Jodieness, you'll be fine! If you're like me, now if the time to make all your mistakes, then you'll be fine in the actual test! :smile:

Thanks and you said exactly what my instructor said:p: =] Having breakfast in the pub before i go for the test. 11.21am =[
Jodieness
Thanks and you said exactly what my instructor said:p: =] Having breakfast in the pub before i go for the test. 11.21am =[

Force yourself to eat, I forced a fry up down me that morning, and it meant I didn't have to worry about my belly rumbling! :rolleyes:
Reply 1394
Got my driving test tomorrow at 8:40 in the morning. Now I'm *******ping myself because the roads arn't so nice at that time EWK!!!
rleungz
Got my driving test tomorrow at 8:40 in the morning. Now I'm *******ping myself because the roads arn't so nice at that time EWK!!!

Just think of it in a "I won't have to drive as far as I would have done" kind of way. It's not about what comes out at you, it's how you deal with the situations that arise. So good luck, and keep calm and you'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 1396
rleungz

for some reason why i was learning, i found the morning rush raods to be better than clear roads. its because i would always look in my mirrors, blind spots all the time and constantly look aead of the road.. but on clear roads i would ignore mirror checks and what not simply becuase i thought the road was clear

good luck though! im sure you'll do fine
Reply 1397
When i had my test it was at a busy time of day so the examiner took me on a quieter route so it balanced out. They don't want you to be sat in traffic all the time, hopefully they'll avoid the busiest roads with you like they did for me.
yaaaaaaaaaaaay..just passeeeed! 5 minors :smile:
woooooooohooooooo!
Reply 1399
I passed my test on Tuesday morning, second time round. First time I failed for hesitating too much at a double mini roundabout, was gutted at the time. But when I passed on Tuesday it felt like my worst hour of driving ever, can't believe I passed. I got an hour before then with my instructor and that wasn't much better, I hadn't driven my instructors' car for about 4 weeks so was totally out of sorts. I made loads of mistakes in the test, (13 minors! much more than I got in my first failed one) but am just relieved to have it over and done with, can relax now and am having so much fun in my own car, the freedom is great.

Latest

Trending

Trending