The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Passed first time! 8 minors. So happy! :biggrin:
I passed on friday, 11 minors :P:P:P at Pinner
Reply 1582
Solid_Snake_100
I passed on friday, 11 minors :P:P:P at Pinner

I did mine at pinner, do u live in pinner??
rye225
I did mine at pinner, do u live in pinner??

Nope, Northwood....and the test centre really is in Northwood Hills, no idea why they call it Pinner. Do you live there?
Reply 1584
Solid_Snake_100
Nope, Northwood....and the test centre really is in Northwood Hills, no idea why they call it Pinner. Do you live there?

Lol, nah i live in kenton
PASSED MY DRIVING TEST 1ST TIME.
woooooooooo!
8 minors.
Sallyjade
PASSED MY DRIVING TEST 1ST TIME.
woooooooooo!
8 minors.

Snap! What were most of your minors for?

CONGRATULATIONS!:yep:
Katie6Gee
ahh i have my test tomorrow at 9:17.. and last minute tips?!xxxx

Too late now :frown: Hope you have passed & you post of your success asap! :woo:
Well done everyone who has passed recently

Hopefully I'll be posting in here on Thursday!
Woohoo, I passed yesterday with only one minor! iMacThere4iAm wins at driving!
Reply 1590
YAY i just passed my driving test :biggrin:
got 2 minors which i think it pretty good! i failed it the other week tho..only got 1 minor but i had a 'dangerous' fault because i pulled out when i car was there, which is an automatic fail - really stupid.
anyway its all good now :biggrin:
good luck to anyone with an up coming test
Reply 1591
I passed first time about 2 weeks ago with 5 minors! I was so happy because I didn't even think I'd be taking the test because there was the industrial strike.
I passed yesterday, was my third test, got 4 minors (one for stalling and rolling backwards at a roundabout, two for getting too close to cars in front and one for not using a bus lane when I could), got a reverse round corner and turn in the road. I'm soooooo happy, after the first fail I was really upset (didn't realise i'd failed til he told me), the second one again I just felt really stupid and thick for failing again, and by yesterday's test I was just kinda angry and dreading another fail, so it was brilliant to realise I'd passed :biggrin:

I know it's no biggie to people who've been driving a while but it's made me so happy, I started feeling like I just wasn't capable, and now knowing that I have my licence and can legally drive just feels absolutely fantastic.
Reply 1593
dream_theater
I passed yesterday, was my third test, got 4 minors (one for stalling and rolling backwards at a roundabout, two for getting too close to cars in front and one for not using a bus lane when I could), got a reverse round corner and turn in the road. I'm soooooo happy, after the first fail I was really upset (didn't realise i'd failed til he told me), the second one again I just felt really stupid and thick for failing again, and by yesterday's test I was just kinda angry and dreading another fail, so it was brilliant to realise I'd passed :biggrin:

I know it's no biggie to people who've been driving a while but it's made me so happy, I started feeling like I just wasn't capable, and now knowing that I have my licence and can legally drive just feels absolutely fantastic.

Congrats. Plus you're a DT fan. Yey!
Reply 1594
I passed my first test yesterdaaaay! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Expose
I passed my first test yesterdaaaay! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well done :biggrin:
Reply 1596
Hey just took my test.
Passed with 3 minors on my first attempt, extremely happy!!! :biggrin:

Was reading through the 'i failed driving test' thread this morning before my test and got really worried as loads of people seemed to be failing :mad: but all went well:biggrin:

minors were for:
not checking blind spot from pulling off
forgetting to signal to park up
and hesitation at roundabout because someone didnt signal so i waited to see what they did :frown:

anyway really really pleased i was so nervous beforehand shaking and sweating like a bitch, i couldnt even sign my signature before the test on the examiners sheet

however as soon as i steped into the car my nerves went instantly! good times

parked up at end of test and thought 'ive absolutely nailed this' and as soon as he said 'congratz youve passed' i couldnt stop smiling and i still am smiling as i type this :P

my best advice to anyone is feel confident in yourself, you know you can do it. just check all mirrors and blindspots whatever you do, signal in good time and youll have nothing to worry about!!!

congrats to all above who have passed :smile:

goood times
:biggrin:

/sorry essay:P

oh and i did reverse round corner and turn in the road. just took my time and made sure i didnt hit the curb. my examiner was a really nice guy extremely laid back and made me feel at ease. good luck all!
Gangee
my examiner was a really nice guy extremely laid back and made me feel at ease. good luck all!

My examiner was also really laid back, literally. He put his seat so far back he was nearly lying down!
I passed my first driving test on Wednesday 30th July!

Unfortuantly, I had 13 minors..
One which was fairly stupid, I didn't realise the traffic lights had changed to green..
1 for mirror when changing direction
The rest were to do with the car, like gears, clutch etc. But to be fair, the car I had been learning in died during my last driving lesson the day before, so I had 3 hours to get used to a totally different car on the day of my test. (which totally shattered my confidence) I think if the car I'd learnt in hadn't have died I would have got less minors as I was used to the car.
Oh well, I still passed. :smile:
Now all I need is a car..
Reply 1599
Chlozo
I passed my first driving test on Wednesday 30th July!

Unfortuantly, I had 13 minors..
One which was fairly stupid, I didn't realise the traffic lights had changed to green..
1 for mirror when changing direction
The rest were to do with the car, like gears, clutch etc. But to be fair, the car I had been learning in died during my last driving lesson the day before, so I had 3 hours to get used to a totally different car on the day of my test. (which totally shattered my confidence) I think if the car I'd learnt in hadn't have died I would have got less minors as I was used to the car.
Oh well, I still passed. :smile:
Now all I need is a car..

Aye. The car I learned in was my instructor's, and he was on holiday during my test. So I hired a car from Arnold Clark and only had 2 hours to get used to that. Passed though too, with 4 minors! And I also had a stupid traffic light minor haha... waited at red lights, even though I was in a filter lane! Haha.

Congrats.

Latest

Trending

Trending