The Student Room Group

Which one is prettier?

the colleges in Oxford is generally prettier than Cambridge's? Right?
Reply 1
I don't think it's possible to say that Oxford is prettier than Cambridge, or Cambridge prettier than Oxford. Both have some stunning architecture:

But equally, they both have some buildings that might look more at home in Soviet-era Moscow.

(Personally, I'm a big fan of the President's Lodgings at Queens' College, Cambridge.)
Reply 2
Original post by Bax-man
I don't think it's possible to say that Oxford is prettier than Cambridge, or Cambridge prettier than Oxford. Both have some stunning architecture:

But equally, they both have some buildings that might look more at home in Soviet-era Moscow.

(Personally, I'm a big fan of the President's Lodgings at Queens' College, Cambridge.)

Yep, but the pretty one is Cambridge are so heavily subscribed, like Trinity, St John's, and King's
LSE is prettiest.
Bolton is obv the prettiest :colone:
Original post by mathsymathsy
the colleges in Oxford is generally prettier than Cambridge's? Right?

Cambridge, having visited them both.

Original post by Bax-man

Hehe the Cambridge one is my college of application :smile:

Yep, but the pretty one is Cambridge are so heavily subscribed, like Trinity, St John's, and King's

Not at all - Trinity, St John's, Emmanuel, Pembroke, Trinity Hall, Clare, Downing, Caius, Christ's.

I'd say Cambridge is nicer looking as it's a more spread out, smaller location and so you can appreciate the architecture more. Lots of greenery, the nice winding river, less urbanisation etc.
Reply 6
All Souls' college in Oxford looks really great, but we never can get in, can we?
Reply 7
All Souls' college in Oxford looks really great, but we never can get in, can we?

Well it doesn't admit students, so no :p:
Reply 8
Original post by nuodai
Well it doesn't admit students, so no :p:

How about postgraduate? What is this college for? Just for Researching?
Reply 9
How about postgraduate? What is this college for? Just for Researching?

See here, it's a very weird system.
Reply 10
Original post by nuodai
See here, it's a very weird system.

hmm, strange and interesting
Reply 11

Some people can use their library. You have to request access and have a specific reason, i think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending