The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Maths with Economics questions - slightly urgent!

Okay, so I'm pretty much trying to decide between unis and I want to have my UCAS sent off this week. I can't decide whether or not I should apply to LSE for maths w/ econ or not; I like the look of the course, and London, and of course the job prospects.

However, I don't want to waste an application. I need advice about my chances with these grades, particularly GCSEs. I have 5A*s, 5As 1B and AAAA at AS in maths, further maths, economics and physics. Predicted A*A*A*A respectively.

Also, my PS doesn't include economics at all, but from what I've read on TSR from previous applicants, it doesn't matter. Can anyone confirm this?

Finally, I've put my UMS for modules on UCAS, and they're high enough for all subjects. Will this help with LSE?

Thanks in advance guys.
Yh I'm 15...but I know quite a lot about random stuff ahah. LSE don't have an interview so they put a lot of emphasis on personal statements. They want to see that you're interested in the subject you're applying for.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by banker... :D
Yh I'm 15...but I know quite a lot about random stuff ahah. LSE don't have an interview so they put a lot of emphasis on personal statements. They want to see that you're interested in the subject you're applying for.

Ok so basically you're saying I've got to mention economics. What about those who've got in without it though?
Original post by CD315
Ok so basically you're saying I've got to mention economics. What about those who've got in without it though?

The maths with econ course is read by MATHS admissions tutors. You don't need a mention a single word of econ on your PS to get an offer (know lots of people who got offers without even mentioning it). Go for it.
Reply 4
Original post by Extricated
The maths with econ course is read by MATHS admissions tutors. You don't need a mention a single word of econ on your PS to get an offer (know lots of people who got offers without even mentioning it). Go for it.

Yeah, I spoke to a guy who emailed them last year about it. I'm just going to go for it and hope for the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending