The Student Room Group

I'm 5ft tall - will anyone ever like me? :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I was reading the "ideal height for a woman" thread, and only a measly four people picked 5ft! This is so disappointing, I feel put down before I've even started.

I have an ok-ish face. Not pretty, just kind of plain. And I'm quiet. Never been to a party, don't have many friends ...

Something else I saw mentioned on that thread - some guys were saying how girls only want a boyfriend who is 6ft or taller. That's ridiculous, my ideal height range would be 5"4 - 5"9, but obviously that's not the deal breaker! So long as they're taller than me I don't care ...

So, is it true that no one would want to be in a relationship with a midget like me?:frown:

I like short girls and I'm 6"1. I know lots of guys who like short girls. It's a much bigger issue for guys than it is girls in terms of attractiveness.
I would love to be 5 foot or shorter actually - and I'm a girl.
I don't think height is usually an issue for guys, quite a lot of guys like petite short girls, whereas other prefer taller girls, and others don't really care.

You have nothing to worry about.
Reply 22
Guys love petite gals, we're small and cute, and they love the idea of protecting someone. Don't sweat about it, I love being a shortie!
I was reading the "ideal height for a woman" thread, and only a measly four people picked 5ft! This is so disappointing, I feel put down before I've even started.

I have an ok-ish face. Not pretty, just kind of plain. And I'm quiet. Never been to a party, don't have many friends ...

Something else I saw mentioned on that thread - some guys were saying how girls only want a boyfriend who is 6ft or taller. That's ridiculous, my ideal height range would be 5"4 - 5"9, but obviously that's not the deal breaker! So long as they're taller than me I don't care ...

So, is it true that no one would want to be in a relationship with a midget like me?:frown:

As always, just get into great shape and then see how many cares would not care about your height.
Being a short girl is as problematics a being a tall guy. Its a non issue. Girls should worry about being too tall not too short, the opposite of guys.
My girlfriend's bang on 5ft tall and she managed to bag herself an awesome boyfriend.
Original post by Blue Rose
I'm 5 foot 0 too and I don't feel insecure about it. If anything I've heard guys say nice things about me being small. They seem to think it's cute :smile: I think it makes them feel more manly when their girlfriend is small.

Not from my experience, we just find it cute. Cute girls are awesome.
Reply 27
A TSR poll isn't exactly a representation of the majority's preference.

Appearances and physical attributes aside, everyone is equal in my opinion. Its just that I find some more equal than others.
What a ridiculous reason for someone to not 'like' you :lolwut:
I'm only 5'1" and I have had a relationship before. Some guys like smaller girls. ...being cute n' all that.

Also, if you ask around, I can guarantee that a guy would prefer a girlfriend who is reeeally short, rather than reeeally tall.
I'm 5ft2, and I've dated a few guys who are over 6ft. Guys seem to think me being small is 'cute'.
Your personality is much more important than that! If a guy is attracted to your personality the height won't bother him so much. 5' is considered pretty cute, anyway.

You have it easier than me, you can look cute. I'm 5'10" so whenever I'm "cute" (debatable) it doesn't really fit my appearance.
Well I have a cousin that's 5ft and she used to get teased for being the midget considering the rest of us are all 5ft 7+. Jokes on us because she's the first one to get engaged out of my siblings and other cousins despite not being the eldest.

Admittedly her fiance is also around the 5ft mark, but she's never had any trouble in finding boyfriends.

Height is just a number, I'm sure you'll find a guy that doesn't care about your height!
Reply 33

If your a woman..people will like you.
If your a man... no-one will like you.
Everybody has their idea of the "ideal" partner. Most people find out these sorts of details are irrelevant long before they find said "ideal". Height is one of the major things that people are prepared to compromise on.
I'm 4"11, last time I checked no one picked under 5 foot on that thread :lol: I love being short. I would not want to be ANY taller. I've also never had a problem attracting guys. Stop worrying.
Reply 36
Original post by Llamageddon
Everybody has their idea of the "ideal" partner. Most people find out these sorts of details are irrelevant long before they find said "ideal". Height is one of the major things that people are prepared to compromise on.

Height isn't really compromisable from a female standpoint, the majority or a significant portion.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
5ft would not bother me and I'm about 5 9 or so
Reply 38
Nah 5ft for a girl is ok, sure you aren't average height but at least you can wear heels. I'm a guy and there isn't much I can do to give the illusion of height lol.
Original post by ct2k7
Height isn't really compromisable from a female standpoint, the majority or a significant portion.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
My best friends dad is 5'7" and his mum is over 6ft. Weeman has a girlfriend, Michael J. Fox never struggled in that regard and I have a hard time believing Tom Cruise won over some of the most attractive (and already personally wealthy) actresses with his dazzling personality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending