The Student Room Group

Plagiarism... Grr...

It's actually quite funny... Even if it's a very serious matter...

http://www.coursework.info/cgi-bin/e/page.cgi?p=plagiarism

I find this unbelievable!! They try and justify their actions, by saying that they aren't encouraging plagiarism! :eek:

Oh, and then they ask a survey of the people who use the site whether it's ethical!! That's probably one of the most biased sample populations I've seen!! Not many of the people who use it are going to think it's unethical, are they?! 81% means nothing!

Grr.
Reply 1
the people they sample are probaly their customers who dont see anything wrong with plagiarism
Reply 2
its silly, come here and we'll give you your coursework, now what do ya think of plagiarism!
Reply 3
ok, i think weve established its laughable sample.

any other business?
Reply 4
I heard on the radio that some students printed off essays, handed them in only for the teacher to discover the web address at the bottom of the paper! I mean, how think can you get?!
Reply 5
they must have been stupid students? at least read the thing before handing them in! :smile:
Reply 6
chugger
I heard on the radio that some students printed off essays, handed them in only for the teacher to discover the web address at the bottom of the paper! I mean, how think can you get?!

LMAO thats retarded.
Reply 7
That happened at our school, we all laughed when we saw one person's coursework (the complete package with Web Address, date, Page etc.) - what was even more stupid was the fact it got marked by an equally stupid teacher, it was only during Moderation day was it discovered that this coursework was plagiarised when two other people had the same. :rolleyes:

And trust me, this happened, at my crappy State Comprehensive teachers are literally taken off the street! Our Maths Teacher can't do proper addition, the Sociology dept. from what I heard has had 5 different teachers over the course of 11 academic months.
haha, once we had to hand an english essay in and five people had the same one :biggrin: the teacher wasnt too pleased in the next lesson :p:
chugger

:rofl: That really is stupid!
wow how stupid.. they handed in the exact same essays??? but on the funny side they did cite the source didnt they?? (kinda) haha.. ehm how stupid.. at least paraphrase you weirdo's (and cite).. i'm not encouraging people to paraphrase.. it's always better to come up with your own ideas then you'll never find yourself wondering if you're failing because you plagiarised..
Reply 11
Cataclysm
And trust me, this happened, at my crappy State Comprehensive teachers are literally taken off the street! Our Maths Teacher can't do proper addition, the Sociology dept. from what I heard has had 5 different teachers over the course of 11 academic months.

Hmph, that's nothing. I had 14 French teachers over the course of 8 academic months.
Reply 12
I don't find plagiarism funny at all! Once when we were given this English essay I was also being flooded with essays from elsewhere too. So when I got to the English essay I was knackered and struggling to see what to write about. So I tried to find the teacher to explain this to her and that I'd only need about a days extension to relieve my mind but I couldn't find her anywhere. I was really exhausted so I went to sleep and next day in her lesson I told her this and she said that it was my problem and that what she had set wasn't that hard despite the fact that I had worked my backside off in my over subject essays prior to coming to my English. Anyway, there was this boy in my English class who sent in an essay that was custom written for him and when he received it back with her knowing that it was all plagiarised, did she have a go at him like she roasted me or send him a cause for concern, creating a fuss with his form tutor? Did she ever!:mad: He got to keep the grade also and she said to him that she didn't mind what he had done but she'd rather that he had come and found her and explained his difficulties etc as she's always on hand to help!:hmpf: :nn:

Plagiarism is cheating and I would never do it. All the work that I do is my own- individual and original. I am proud of that and this will improve my grade also!
Reply 13
^^ And what's more that is AS English Lit I am talking about!
The essays on that site are rubbish anyway arent they?

Latest

Trending

Trending