The Student Room Group

Social Work MA NHS Bursary

Hi Guy's,

I am new to the Student Room and this is my first post so bare with me. I just basically wanted to ask some general info with reguards to the Social Work MA NHS Bursary. I am looking to study Social Work MA next year at Leicester University and just wondered how I go about applying for the bursary? How will I know much I will get? Is the bursary means tested? When do I need to apply?
Reply 2
Original post by aimee.leg
Hi Guy's,

I am new to the Student Room and this is my first post so bare with me. I just basically wanted to ask some general info with reguards to the Social Work MA NHS Bursary. I am looking to study Social Work MA next year at Leicester University and just wondered how I go about applying for the bursary? How will I know much I will get? Is the bursary means tested? When do I need to apply?

Hi, I am also applying to Leceister for the MA in social work. Have you sent your application off yet? Sent mine on Wednesday.Don't think they have decided yet what is happening with the bursary. Fingers crossed they agree it for postgrads.
Reply 3
Hey, I've been looking into the MA also, and have been looking to find what decision has been made for those starting in 2013. Came across this yesterday:

http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/2012/10/social-work-bursary/

I'm not sure about how to apply etc, but at least we know it'll be there.
Reply 4
Oh that's great news :biggrin:
Reply 5
I knew there was going to be some changes, but hopefully it won't affect us next year. I've complete my application, but still waiting for my referee to get their finger out! I am in my third and final year of my undergraduate this year, so it's hetic! I have also applied to the University of Nottingham as a back up.

Thanks for the help.
Anyone know whether your ability to gain a bursary will change if you are working full time? Also, how much does the bursary cover? Cheers
Reply 7
Does anyone know how many MA social work places there are across all the universities?

Getting stressed now they have told us that there will only be 1500 bursaries available, but we don't know out of how many students or what the new eligibility criteria will entail :frown:
Reply 8
hi cate3110 did u find any information reference the bursary? Which uni u going to?
Reply 9
Hiya,
Nope not heard anything definite, also been perusing the boards over at Community Care. Lots of rumours as to how the cap will be decided floating about, I've emailed my university asking whether they know anything yet. I've accepted a place at Lancaster, what about yourself? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending