The Student Room Group

Visiting Abroad Claiming JSA

Hi,

I have booked a visit abroad to see a sick relative. The visit was paid for by my mother and relatives as I can't afford it. I am currently on Job Seekers and I know they have currently have changed the rules and have gone strict.

I will be gone for 14 days and will miss one signing on day. I don't wish to claim for the 2 weeks that I wont be here for because I obviously wont be actively seeking work.

Will the jobcentre allow me to go sign out and go on "holiday"? or will I be banned from signing on again when I get back because I am not "available" for work?
Mod note: Have moved this thread to the general forum as I don't feel it was best placed in legal.
Reply 2
Just contact them and tell your situation. I think they'll understand you, after all, they are humans. If you won't inform them that you're going to miss sign day, you'll loose your JSA. My cousin missed sign day because she went to home country for a week and lost her JSA.
Worst comes to worst, you can sign off then sign back on.
Reply 4
That's unlucky you miss a sign on day, I went abroad a couple of times on JSA money, it's amazing how far £140 will stretch in eastern Europe :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending