The Student Room Group

Starting to resent my babyface (girl)

So I'm a girl and I have a very young, baby-looking face. Round cheeks, weak chin and big, blue eyes (going slightly down in the edge). A bit like Miranda Kerr, except I'm fair-skinned and blonde and I think I have less definition (I'm the least photogenic person on earth). I'm slim (UK size 8) but no weight goes off my face.
I do get a lot of attention from men, but they usually label me 'cute'. I wish I could have 'sharper' features and look sexier with less effort.
Most of the women you see in the media today have more defined (and masculine) features. Keira Knightley, Eva Mendes, Angelina Jolie and Olivia Wilde all have very strong jawlines. It seems to be a trend both among actresses and even more among models - almost all high fashion models have very sharp features. My jaw/chin is non-existent.
Is strong, sharper features really more attractive?
For the girls who have a clue about makeup, is there anything I can do to get a less round face? As I am terribly unphotogenic (have to take 20 to get one acceptable), is that changeable?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm a girl and I have a very young, baby-looking face. Round cheeks, weak chin and big, blue eyes (going slightly down in the edge). A bit like Miranda Kerr, except I'm fair-skinned and blonde and I think I have less definition (I'm the least photogenic person on earth). I'm slim (UK size 8) but no weight goes off my face.
I do get a lot of attention from men, but they usually label me 'cute'. I wish I could have 'sharper' features and look sexier with less effort.
Most of the women you see in the media today have more defined (and masculine) features. Keira Knightley, Eva Mendes, Angelina Jolie and Olivia Wilde all have very strong jawlines. It seems to be a trend both among actresses and even more among models - almost all high fashion models have very sharp features. My jaw/chin is non-existent.
For the girls who have a clue about makeup, is there anything I can do to get a less round face? As I am terribly unphotogenic (have to take 20 to get one acceptable), is that changeable?

I used to contour using bronzer/blusher when I was younger to make my face look less round, and so older (like you I look younger than I am). I can't exactly remember what I did but if you Google it you'll probably find a guide or there might be a video on YouTube. It took me a bit of practice to do it without it looking obvious though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
This is a big problem, I hope someone here can help find you a solution and bring peace to your life.
Reply 3

On a man, yes.

Women, no.
Reply 4

Seriously, doesn't sound like you have much to worry about.... :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
There's not really anything you can do about face shape - it's just something you'll have to accept. It's hard to disguise or change it.
You can contour your cheekbones and around the jaw area, watch some tutorials on youtube. If you do it well it will subtly change your face shape. Other than that just accept it, hope that you carry on looking younger than you are for the rest of your life :smile:
Reply 7
I prefer cute to sexy.
Reply 8
I'm 29 in two weeks and still get asked for ID... Even some colleages think I'm around 21...

I used to hate being babyfaced, but since cutting my hair shorter, I've had attention off women (I'm a woman). Some people like "cute" (I have male friends who do).
Reply 9
I think you should post a picture. So we can give proper advice.:smile:
I think it's so much worse for a man having a babyface, which I have. For a 21 year old I always get asked for ID, doesn't bother me as much anymore as I just expect it.
It's not as if I'm even fat which I'm definitely not.
Reply 11
I have undefined features, but I think more so than what you described...however I am no where near cute... I am relatively tall and quiet curvy. I wouldn't consider myself sexy and not many people would, but I have learned to accept what I look like and the things I don't like still (weight) can change... (I used to want to take fat out of my cheeks and inject it into my chin haha)
You mention that you are sort of like Miranda Kerr, the fact that you can find someone that reminds you of yourself, who is gets money for being attractive can only be a good thing :smile: I have never seen anyone in the media that reminds me of myself!
I am friends with boys and I hear what they say about 'sexy' girls haha it's made me thankful I am not sexy!!
Reply 12
At least you're getting attention. Some girls who complain, don't get any attention unless it's from guys wanting to hook up because there's nothing better to hook up with. And FYI, cute = around 7~/10 so that's a compliment whether you like it not.
Reply 13
Original post by gemmam
I used to contour using bronzer/blusher when I was younger to make my face look less round, and so older (like you I look younger than I am). I can't exactly remember what I did but if you Google it you'll probably find a guide or there might be a video on YouTube. It took me a bit of practice to do it without it looking obvious though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already apply bronzer to highlight my cheekbones. Will look into more techniques though. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much to do to create a chin/jaw :frown: I really hate my profile, also because I have a slightly dominating forehead.
Reply 14
I already apply bronzer to highlight my cheekbones. Will look into more techniques though. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much to do to create a chin/jaw :frown: I really hate my profile, also because I have a slightly dominating forehead.

The technique I used was that I would suck my cheeks and apply the bronzer/nude coloured blusher to the hollow and put my normal blusher across my cheekbones. There was bit more too it but I can't remember it now sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by gemmam
The technique I used was that I would suck my cheeks and apply the bronzer/nude coloured blusher to the hollow and put my normal blusher across my cheekbones. There was bit more too it but I can't remember it now sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do that too.
I have actually been thinking about chin implants...many celebrities have them, I think Angelina Jolie too, there are loads of before and after pics online.
Reply 16
Original post by Tuerin
It may be uncomfortable now, but chances are (more so for men, but probably also for women) fatty faces in youth will become more defined with age, and you will 'come into your own' with time. People with perfect physiques at this stage will probably 'savour of anti-climax' (Gastby FTW) once they leave the fields of youth

True. I used to hate looking younger when I was in my teens and early 20s and I used to get really down about it but now I don't mind so much. I used to get made fun of due to looking younger, now most of these people who did skit at me and who would brag about getting into over 21 clubs at 16 look a fair bit older than 27/28 now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
You sound like me. I'm also baby faced and I hate my profile too. You're not the only one. I cover up my ears with my hair because I really feel self-conscious about how I look from the side.

I put on bronzer and make-up and I look less baby-ish. I wear figure hugging clothing and avoid wearing really bright colours so I look more my age. And yeah sometimes I embrace the cuteness and I think that might be part of your solution, you know embrace what you are because guys out there will love it.
Reply 18
Original post by Lucia.
You sound like me. I'm also baby faced and I hate my profile too. You're not the only one. I cover up my ears with my hair because I really feel self-conscious about how I look from the side.

I put on bronzer and make-up and I look less baby-ish. I wear figure hugging clothing and avoid wearing really bright colours so I look more my age. And yeah sometimes I embrace the cuteness and I think that might be part of your solution, you know embrace what you are because guys out there will love it.

wow..
Do you attract a lot of paedophiles?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending