The Student Room Group

Should trains have female only carriages?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What's to stop some random bloke getting on the female carriage?
I agree with the child free / parent and child carriages. But not the women only carriages.
I was referring to packed trains during rush hour. I've had women back their arse into my groin on numerous occasions for example. And before you even get carried away with that thought - just know that the women weren't always attractive.

Well....maybe on a few occasions :wink:
Reply 43
Police cba to protect women from rapists so they just tell the train companies to hide them away in a separate carriage?
Original post by LaughingBro
Thoughts?

Stupid idea... the best place to meet women is the tube, I have gotten many numbers leading to many encounters and I really must thank TFL and Boris for that :h:
Reply 45
Imagine - on Dutch trains (only Nederlandse Spoorwegen - not metros) you could have the upper deck as reserved for males only and the lower deck reserved for females only!
Only if we get Male only carriages, so women and their screaming brats can stay out.
Original post by Madmitten
What's to stop some random bloke getting on the female carriage?

Deflector shields that women are immune to, obviously.
Reply 48
These already exist on the Rio de Janeiro metro system. It makes sense there as Brazilian culture basically makes women second class citizens compared to men, who feel they can do what they like - including groping women on public transport. There it is absolutely necessary, but in the United Kingdom we do not have these kinds of social problems, therefore this question shouldn't have been asked in the first place.

Anyone who tries to suggest this is an issue in our country really needs to look to Brazil as an example of how messed up gender inequality can get.
Reply 49
This thread is so sexist. I wonder how women would react if a thread was made saying 'Should there be all-male carriages'?
No :confused: Why do women and men have to be separated?

Yeah sure why not, seems only fair women get women only carriages when they introduce male only carriages. Imagine if it was only one gender getting them? haha aww man, what a sexist throw-back phenomenon we'd have lol.

Glad we're much better than that.
Reply 52
Original post by AgentSushi
I went to Japan a few years a go and they have them there, I know the hard way as I accidently got on one...

hard way? :confused:
Reply 53
I check out girl's asses all the time but not to that extent. That guy is a horny muthatrucker.
Reply 54
It's one guy. Hardly reason to suggest female only carriages. When it gets to the stage of train groping/molestation that the whole Chikan problem in Japan got to, then it might be a point worth bringing up.

Original post by AgentSushi
I went to Japan a few years a go and they have them there, I know the hard way as I accidently got on one. I don't think they are a good idea, surely thats not solving the real issue.

I did the exact same thing in Osaka. I didn't realise until about a minute into my journey when I noticed that the carriage was filled with women and all the ads were women's products. I just had to put both hands on the rail near my head so it didn't look like I was there to molest.

Not a big deal though, nobody seemed to care that much.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Hylean
Segregation is not the issue. It will only create calls of sexism and piss people off. Instead of preventing the perves from acting on their impulses by separating them from the stimulation, we should be teaching the perves not to act on their impulses in the first place. Seriously.

How exactly do we go about that? Do we not already attempt to do this?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
I can't believe some people can be so dumb in thinking the OP meant that trains should ONLY have either females or males carriages. It's like some trains have quiet-zone carrages but not every single carriage of that train is like that innit! :facepalm:

I've had a man grind against me on the tube as well but I just punched him in the face then kicked him off the tube.

To be honest single sex carriages are a bit over the top, we'd probably end up like Japan then
Original post by katyness
Fathers and their kids can go to the men's carriage. I don't care about the noise there.

I wasn't trying to ease anything, simply my line of thought.

Wow :erm:
Reply 59
Original post by CarryOn123
...To be honest single sex carriages are a bit over the top, we'd probably end up like Japan then

Females-only carriages in Japan seems to be well accepted and functioning perfectly well!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending