The Student Room Group

Is it better to Love and to loose or is it best to not Love at all

When you love, its an entire different world to you, you start to view things in a way which you have never viewed before and genearally it influences your character. People start to realise the change in you, and say Love has changed her or him, to this extent I disagree, because a person can never change anyone but only improve, so basically Love is limited because for some it may not last long and some it lasts a lifetime. When you loose that special love then things go upside down, they are not the same before, basically when you say is it better to not love rather than loving than loosing the love, ask yourself which is better?
When you Love, that Love is always within you, even though you may not feel it not physically ie :sex. Remember Love is blind, you have to look properly and realise love is in your heart, you may have lost them, but who said their love and blessings have left you? Forget the companionship and the physical love and remember your memories and feelings which you once had. That should be able to keep it alive, its all in your hands how you view love. Nobody says its easy but what I can tell you is that the memories are worth the pain.

Which would you agree with?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
'Oh to be young and feel love's keen sting'

Life would be unbearably stagnant without unpleasant experiences. No light without the dark.
Better to have loved and lost, painful as it is :frown:
Reply 3
Definitely agree
It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I've only had/experienced unrequited love...so I would rather of not loved at all :frown:

Life was certainly less stressful before women came into my life xD
Reply 6
I disagree. If I know there is no chance of a relationship working out and that we will have to end it one day then I could not bring myself to enter that relationship in the first place; it would be too painful to fall in love only for it to disappear one day.
Reply 7
Depends entirely upon how you feel without love, or the extent to which you were in love with the person you lost and how you lost them.

**** all this nonsense about needing to feel bad to realise when you're happy. *******s.

Stupid trivializing, black and white viewed bull****.
Reply 8
I'd rather not love at all especially when it causes you heartache when it ends in a ****ty way.
Reply 9
Original post by concubine
Depends entirely upon how you feel without love, or the extent to which you were in love with the person you lost and how you lost them.

**** all this nonsense about needing to feel bad to realise when you're happy. *******s.

Things are defined by what they're not. I think only the simplest of people could remain happy throughout their life without experiencing misery.

Agreed. I was happy being single before she came into my life, now it sucks so much not having her with me. Though I blew my chances myself due to inexperience.
to have never loved - that way A you dont know what your missing and B dont get hurt
Reply 12
Its better to have loved and to lose rather than not to have loved at all.. reason being you learn a bit about yourself with every relantionship you undergo, and the more experiences you go through good & bad they will help shape in the future for possibly a successful relantionship with your partner.
Reply 13
Original post by Jokerjon
Its better to have loved and to lose rather than not to have loved at all.. reason being you learn a bit about yourself with every relantionship you undergo, and the more experiences you go through good & bad they will help shape in the future for possibly a successful relantionship with your partner.

I agree with this partly, when it comes to "improving" aspects of yourself.
But the depression phase makes you feel worse about yourself and lowers your self-esteem in most occasions. Not so good...

Well the amount of swearing you're doing certainly testifies to the effectiveness of your approach to happiness
Reply 15
It is said that ignorance is bliss.
Reply 16
Original post by Yaldaa

Which would you agree with?

The memories really arent worth the pain... *Sigh*
Reply 17
Original post by Tizz
I agree with this partly, when it comes to "improving" aspects of yourself.
But the depression phase makes you feel worse about yourself and lowers your self-esteem in most occasions. Not so good...

I loved someone before and I lost her but I just choose too just remember and think about the good memories i spent with her rather than think about how i'm not with her, Reason for that is like you said it would make me feel slighty upset and make me feel worse about myself when I think why i'm not with her no more. Its just much better for me to appreciate the period and experiences i had with her in my life.
Reply 18
Original post by Jokerjon
I loved someone before and I lost her but I just choose too just remember and think about the good memories i spent with her rather than think about how i'm not with her, Reason for that is like you said it would make me feel slighty upset and make me feel worse about myself when I think why i'm not with her no more. Its just much better for me to appreciate the period and experiences i had with her in my life.

Yeah that's good! Unfortunately I didn't have so many good memories with my ex, it was unrequited love so not the same as your experience!
are you gay.....?

sounds so LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending