The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Dr Jenny
If anyone is looking at the private halls, then my advice is to give the Unite residences the body swerve - particularly The Tannery where I was, which was very run down. They operate several building in the city, and The Tannery was appalling. Although the people managing the building were reasonably pleasant although inept, the people I had to deal with when negotiating a lowered rent (for the uncleaned, ill-furnished shambles of a room with big holes in the plaster) were really evil. And on top of that the staff had failed to collect all the keys from the previous year's tenants, and hadn't changed any of the locks, so for the first 3 months a large number of people had to share keys - consequently a real racket was made by people not being able to get into their flats. They didn't even give me a proper inventory for my flat - they gave the same one for shared flats and studio flats and your were expected to guess what things were supposed to be there. Other people's cigarette smoke came into my flat through the ventilation system too. Horrible organisation and building all round.

This is pretty unfair on the tannery. I'm here now, they've refurbished the stairwells and corridors of every block. All the staff are friendly, and it's of a good size where it feels like everyone knows eachother, but you're not in a tiny accomodation. Double beds and ensuite, with adequate kitchens. It is 15 mins from both town and uni, and is in a nicer area than a lot of other places. It's also by opal 1 &2, sentinel towers, liberty park, concept place so theres tonnes of students in the area. Although it is considered one of the quieter halls, and isn't where I applied, with no on site security you can be loud and party until whatever time you fancy which you don't get anywhere else. To be honest you just sound like a snob and it's definitely worth considering.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
If telling the truth about dirty, ill-furnished accommodation makes me a snob, then you have a lot to learn about snobbery (not to mention grammar). Considering "with no on site security you can be loud and party until whatever time you fancy" I'm very glad I'm not still there - it's not exactly going to encourage people to go there who don't want to be kept awake at all hours by party animals. I suggest that you refrain from insulting people you don't agree with, if you want them to listen to you.
Which Uni of Leeds accommodation would you say has the most international students?
Hi everyone,
I've firmed Leeds and insured Manchester so I'm just have a look at accommodation now.
I'm looking for self-catered halls with a good social life, well maintained and with en-suite rooms.
Any recommendations?
Original post by t4lksh0wh0st
Hi everyone,
I've firmed Leeds and insured Manchester so I'm just have a look at accommodation now.
I'm looking for self-catered halls with a good social life, well maintained and with en-suite rooms.
Any recommendations?

Come to our accommodation Viewing Day on Saturday April 23 and you'll be able to check them all out! :smile:
We'll have more information on our website in February.

Sian
Accommodation Office
Original post by t4lksh0wh0st
Hi everyone,
Any recommendations?

Lol I'm the opposite I firmed Manchester and insured Leeds. Fingers crossed I get Manchester. I really like central village and Leodis hopefully their not too boring and unsocial
Original post by University of Leeds
Come to our accommodation Viewing Day on Saturday April 23 and you'll be able to check them all out! :smile:
We'll have more information on our website in February.

Sian
Accommodation Office

Hi, I hold an offer for Social Policy and I am attending the offer holders day on the 17th of Feb. I was wondering if I would be allowed to visit the actual accommodation? and if not what could I do instead?

Thanks
Original post by peachpetals
Lol I'm the opposite I firmed Manchester and insured Leeds. Fingers crossed I get Manchester. I really like central village and Leodis hopefully their not too boring and unsocial

Cool, what course? I'm looking at them too, and Sentiel towers!
Original post by Toxic_Legends
Hi, I hold an offer for Social Policy and I am attending the offer holders day on the 17th of Feb. I was wondering if I would be allowed to visit the actual accommodation? and if not what could I do instead?

Thanks

Hi,

Campus tours will be available at the end of your Social Policy visit day on 17 February. As part of the tour you will visit either our Henry Price or Storm Jameson residences which will give you an idea of the accommodation we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you on campus next month!

Alice
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm also looking for self catered accommodation at Leeds! Which ones are the most sociable would you say? And does self catered make everything less sociable?
Original post by phoebegir
I'm also looking for self catered accommodation at Leeds! Which ones are the most sociable would you say? And does self catered make everything less sociable?

I'd say the opposite. Maybe Dev has the 'social side' of catered accommodation. But you couldn't pay me to battle my way through the refectory when it's full. If you're a social butterfly then maybe catered in the on campus accommodations would seem great. But in self catered, you have a kitchen, and the only time I talk to my flat mates is when we bump into each other cooking.

But it depends if having to spot a spare couple of chairs and dive for them when you have your food is your kind of thing or not.
I've confirmed my place for 2017 to do sport science, been looking at Henry Price and James Baillie park residences, any recommendations? Id like self-catered and very sociable. Looked at central village also but heard it can be too quiet.

Quick Reply

Latest